- Privacy Release (FERPA)
- Outside Aid Reporting
- Special Circumstance
- Self Certification Form
- Master Promissory Note
- Entrance Loan Counseling
- Exit Loan Counseling
- SAP Petition
- Award Adjustment Request
- Summer Financial Aid
- Nurse Faculty Loan Program Application
- Academic Achievement Scholarship Acceptance
- Presidential Scholarship Acceptance
International students do not qualify for most traditional types of financial aid; however, there are a few opportunities for support.
Undergraduate International Student Tuition Waiver
- Student be currently recieving Undergraduate International Tuition waiver for 2014-15 on campus at the University of North Dakota, seeking his/her first undergraduate degree.
- Submit Activities Form(s) for a minimum of 10 volunteer/service hours per semester.
- The student must be a F-1, J-1 or legal non-immigrant status student in valid status with the Department of Homeland Security.
- A minimum institutional cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- The student must maintain full-time enrollment and reapply each year. The maximum length of time any student may receive the tuition waiver may not exceed eight semesters.
What counts as volunteer or service hours?
Students can either choose one activity from Group 1 or three activities from Group 2. In order to maintain the International Tuition Waiver students will need to submit the Activities Form(s) to the Student Financial Aid Office by the dates listed below.
Group 1: (Select one) Feast of Nations, Welcome Weekend, Homecoming activities, etc.
Group 2: (Select three activities) Cultural Nights, church activities, hospitals/nursing home activities, community cultural presentation, or non-profit organization activities, etc.
The Activities Forms are due to the Student Financial Aid Office by the following deadlines:
- Fall Semester: Reading and Review Day
- Spring Semester: April 1st
Application deadline is April 1 .
Applications must be complete by the application deadline to be considered. Financial information and appropriate documents must be included for the application to be considered complete.
Please note that the amount of the waiver may vary depending on strength of applicant's application (criteria met).
Apply for the Tuition Waiver
Due to limited funding only current recipients of the waiver are eligible to apply for the 2015-16 award year.
The 2015-16 Tuition Waiver Application will receive an email notification to your UND email account by January 30, 2015.
|Cumulative Institutional GPA|
|3.00 - 3.49||3.50 - 3.79||3.80 - 4.00|
|10 - 15 Hours||25%||50%||50%|
|20 + Hours||25%||50%||75%|
eduPASS: Information for International Students
Global SLC International Student Loan
This loan is for international students from India (other countries of origin in the future) enrolled in a U.S. college. You are not required to have a U.S. Citizen as a co-signer, but must have a co-signer in India. The interest rate is variable.
For more information and application: www.globalslc.com.
Canadian Higher Education Loan Fund
This loan is for Canadian citizens and is open to undergraduate and graduate students.
Contact the National Student Loan Service Center for information and application: call 1-888-815-4514 or visit www.canlearn.ca.