Monday, April 14
5:30 - 6:00pm Networking Etiquette Instruction
6:00 - 7:30pm Dining Tutorial
Ask yourself the following - and find out the answers at the event:
- If you are introducing two people, whose name do you say first?
- What should you say when you forget someone's name?
- What's the difference between a white wine glass and a red wine glass?
- How do you balance a plate of food with a beverage while shaking hands?
- If you spill something, what should you do?
- In an interview meal, what should you order?
- What should you do with your napkin, if you are leaving the table, but plan on returning?
- What is the resting position if you are eating Continental style?
CALLISTA GOULD, CERTIFIED ETIQUETTE INSTRUCTOR
DES MOINES, IA – January 2, 2014 – Callista Gould is a certified etiquette instructor and an award-winning speaker. She has given etiquette lectures across the U.S. and in China.
Gould's eclectic career includes leading the public relations department for Amana Appliances in rural Iowa to marketing celebrities and event planning for Sony Music in Chicago for artists such as Mariah Carey, Billy Joel, Celine Dion, Luther Vandross, Ozzy Osbourne, Pearl Jam and Korn.
She has worked in both the non-profit and private sectors. Her most recent experience includes working in New York City and Stamford, Connecticut as Director of Marketing for InterTech Media, a pioneer in the use of web video. She has also interned at the National Journalism Center in Washington D.C. and worked in public relations for Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore.
Gould has an MBA from Loyola University of Chicago and BA in English from the University of Iowa. She is a member of The Etiquette Institute and the National Speakers Association. Her articles on business etiquette can be seen in The Des Moines Register. She offers a free Etiquette Tip of the Week by email and sometimes...she tweets.