Thursday: 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Internship Information for Employers
Discover the talents of UND students...Gain fresh perspectives for your business...Build a talent pool of potential employees...Reduce the cost of recruiting and training professional staff...Retain young professionals.
Key Components of an Internship Include:
Taken from CEIA
- Established duration – typically an academic term or summer, though the end date may be extended;
- Hours – may be part- or full-time; during an academic term more common to be part-time if student is taking other courses; in the summer, it is common for internships to be full-time;
- Structure – incorporates a dedicated staff, resources, and projects to guide the experience;
- Learning – organization provides opportunities and experiences for the intern that are not directly related to tasks or projects associated with the position, which aid the student’s career interests;
- Reflection – situations are created and designed which allow the intern to review and reflect;
- Evaluation – student is offered an evaluation at mid and end points of the internship;
- Credit – determined by the educational institution where the student is enrolled;
- Compensation – may be paid or unpaid; if unpaid, employers are directed to follow guidelines for unpaid internships as outlined by state, regional, or national guidelines.
Register on UND Career Connect
- Post internships and other positions targeting UND students
- Search and review UND students' resumes
- Schedule interviews either at your business or at UND Career Services
- Register for career/internship fairs and other events hosted by Career Services
- Click on the Career Connect button to start posting internships