- About TRIO
- Programs at a Glance
- Upward Bound
- Educational Opportunity Center
- Student Support Services
- McNair Program
- Contact Us
Welcome to the Talent Search at TRIO Programs!
Talent Search is sponsored by the University of North Dakota and the United States Department of Education. The purpose of Talent Search is to provide assistance to people having academic potential but lacking adequate information or school preparation to enter, continue or resume programs of secondary and post-secondary education.
- Students whose parents do not have a 4-year college degree.
- Students eleven years of age, or completed the sixth grade.
- Students from low-income families, having academic potential.
- Students with physical handicaps.
- Students from areas of rural and cultural isolation.
- Students in need of career guidance and or counseling.
- Students who have discontinued the education process and are in resuming their education
Financial Aid-Assistance to students in securing the most appropriate financial resources available through individual and group counseling. Assistance to families in completion of financial aid forms.
College Admissions-Assistance to students in securing information applications to post-secondary institutions of their choice. Campus tours available on request.
Career Exploration-Interest and ability testing with interpretations. Exploration of job availability, interview skills, job applications, resume writing, hiring trends, and experience and training needed for career choices.
Other Services-Academic advisement, ACT workshops and interpretations, tutoring, and study skills.
UND Educational Talent Search receives 100% of its annual budget ($466,080) from the Dept. of Education.
Contact Talent Search: Assistant Director; Dawn Eckhardt