- Majors & Minors
- Academic Reputation
- UND Fast Facts
- Study Abroad
- Honors Program
- Advanced Coursework
- Online Degrees
- Freshmen Students
- Transfer Students
- Canadian Students
- International Students
- Military & Veteran Students
- Online Students
- Check Your App Status
- VIP @ UND Account
Congratulations, future UND Fighting Hawk!
Now that you're accepted, it's time to get started for Summer & Fall 2018!
Take the Next Steps
Claim Your Account - Do This Step First!
To claim your NDUS Account:
- Go to UND.edu/claim.
- Find your student ID number (also known as your EMPLID) on your acceptance letter or by clicking on the “What is Your Student ID?” link.
- Once you have your student ID number, click on the “Claim Your Account” link.
- Follow the steps as indicated.
Once you’ve claimed your account, you won't have to go through the process again. Make sure that you keep your username (also referred to as your NDUS.identifier, which is typically firstname.lastname) and password in a safe and secure place. For security reasons, your password will expire every 90 days.
If you have questions, contact the NDUS Help Desk at
1.866.457.6387 or go to helpdesk.ndus.edu.
Check Your Email
Before you've registered for classes, please check the email you used on your admission application frequently for official communications from the University regarding financial aid, housing, confirming your enrollment, Orientation, course registration and more.
After you’ve registered for classes and claimed your NDUS account, please log in to your UND student email account.
Follow the directions for accessing your UND student email account:
- Review the login information under the Getting Started tab
- Get directions to set up your UND email on your smartphone or tablet under the Mobile Devices tab
If you have questions, contact UND Tech Support at 701.777.6305. When prompted, remain on the line to speak to a UND representative.
Log in to Campus Connection
Campus Connection is the system that you'll use to apply for housing, pay your enrollment confirmation deposit, accept or decline financial aid awards, register for classes, pay your bill and more (see additional steps below).
After you've claimed your NDUS Account and have obtained your user ID and password, follow these steps to log in to Campus Connection:
- Go to Campus Connection.
- On the login page, enter your user ID (e.g., firstname.lastname) and password.
- Click Sign In.
Take Care of Financial Aid
Go to fafsa.gov to complete the 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) beginning October 1. You'll use your 2016 income taxes to prepare your FAFSA. Apply early as funding is not guaranteed through the February 1 priority date!
If you plan to take Summer 2018 courses, you'll need to complete the 2017-18 FAFSA and UND's Summer Financial Aid Request Form (available April 1) and take at least 6 credits to be eligible for summer financial aid.
If you’re transferring and you’ve already completed the 2018-19 FAFSA at another school, you’ll need to:
- Cancel any unprocessed aid from your current school.
- Add UND’s school code to your 2017-18 FAFSA so it can be processed for summer financial aid.
UND’s FAFSA school code is 003005.
If you have any questions, refer to the Applying for Aid website or contact UND One-Stop Student Services at 701.777.1234.
Note: Depending on when the FAFSA is received, newly accepted students will receive notice of financial aid awards beginning in February.
Scholarships & Waivers
If you meet the criteria and are accepted by the priority deadline of February 1 (freshmen) or April 15 (transfer students), you'll automatically be awarded one of UND's academic scholarships.
You'll receive notification of your UND scholarship award beginning in February.
Additional Scholarships & Waivers
You may be eligible for other scholarships and waivers that require separate application processes.
Note: You may accept non-UND scholarships without affection your UND scholarships. (If you have a UND athletic scholarship, please contact the Athletic Department to determine if you can accept a non-UND scholarship.)
Apply for Housing
If you’re a first-year freshman, you’re required to live on campus for your first, full academic year or receive an approved exemption. Visit Housing to learn more about the campus living requirement and to research residence hall options.
After you’ve claimed your NDUS Account, visit Housing to find instructions for completing the online residence hall application in Campus Connection. The Housing application opens October 15.
A $60 non-refundable fee is due when you submit your application.
Apply early! Your priority for room assignment is based on the date you submit your application. The priority deadline is May 1.
Visit Housing to learn about affordable and conveniently located UND apartments, University Place and residence hall options for transfer students.
Note: The apartment application is not online and is separate from the residence hall application process described above.
Confirm Your Enrollment
To confirm your enrollment for Summer or Fall 2018, you must pay a $200 non-refundable deposit that’s applied to your UND bill by the May 1 priority deadline.
You’ll need to pay the full deposit before you’ll be eligible to take the next steps toward being a UND student, including:
- Signing up for Orientation
- Registering for classes
- Receiving your housing room assignment
So it’s very important to confirm your enrollment as soon as possible!
- Required of all new freshmen and transfer students who plan to enroll in classes for Summer or Fall 2018.
- Priority deadline is May 1.
- The $200 deposit is a down payment applied to future charges you'll incur on your UND bill (tuition, fees, etc.). It's not an additional charge.
- Non-refundable, but may be applied to future terms if you're unable to enroll for Summer or Fall 2018. Call 1.800.CALL.UND for details.
- If you're unable to pay the full amount at one time, you may pay in installments through the May 1 deadline.
After you've claimed your NDUS Account, you can make your online payment through Campus Connection via e-check from a U.S. bank (free service) or credit card (2.75% convenience fee). It may take up to 2 business days for the deposit to be processed.
- Refer to the How to Pay Your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit document for step-by-step instructions on paying your deposit in Campus Connection. You must claim your account before you can pay your deposit (see above).
- See Payment Options for alternative payment methods, including mailing a check (note Enrollment Confirmation Deposit in the memo) or FlyWire for international payments.
Note: If you're unable to pay the $200 deposit due to financial hardship, please contact the UND Office of Admissions at 1.800.CALL.UND or 701.777.3000.
Plan to Attend Orientation
New Student Orientation
Details about the New Student Orientation programs are being planned. Watch your email and this website for updates!
Connect with UND and Future Classmates
Connect with UND
Connect with Future Classmates
Mark Your Calendar
The first day of class will be here before you know it! Make sure you note these important dates and deadlines in your calendar and watch for more information as the dates get closer!
Important Dates & Priority Deadlines
Summer & Fall 2018
October 1, 2017
Housing Application Opens
October 15, 2017
February 1, 2018
February 1, 2018
University Honors Program Application Priority Deadline
March 1, 2018
April 15, 2018
May 1, 2018
Enrollment Confirmation Priority Deadline
May 1, 2018
Summer Classes Begin
May 14, 2018
June 4 -July 12, 2018
August 18-20, 2018
Fall Classes Begin
August 20, 2018
Top 25 Most Innovative Schools
-U.S. News & World Report
Top 102 Public Schools
-U.S. News & World Report
Best 246 National Universities