- Academic Affairs Office Staff
- Deans and Directors
- Department and Program Chairs
- Department and Program Support Staff
- Organizational Charts
- Undergraduate Program Review
- Provost Blog
- American College of NorwayHonors
- International Programs
- Summer Sessions
- Faculty Lecture SeriesFirst Year Seminar
- Center for Instructional & Learning Technologies
- Conflict Resolution Center
- Essential Studies
- Instructional Development
- Communications Proficiency
- Developmental Leave
- Faculty Appointing Procedures
- Faculty Recruitment Procedures
- Faculty Salary Administration Policy
- Sick Leave
- Maternity Leave
- Tenure and Promotion
- UND Faculty Summary of Benefits
- Academic Affairs Deadlines
- Committees Reporting to the Provost & VPAA
- Council of Deans Statement on Campus Climate
- Deans Evaluations
- Faculty Handbook
- National Scholarships/Fellowships
- Online Forms
- Student Learning Outcomes Assessment
The Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs is committed to ensuring the academic success of faculty, students, and staff at the University of North Dakota.
Our mission is to provide strategic vision, leadership, and support for academic excellence and integrity to further the university's academic mission through outstanding teaching and learning, cutting-edge scholarly and creative activity, and meaningful service to the public.
Our Office facilitates the university's mission through academic and curricular planning, and partners with academic faculty, staff, and programs across the university to:
- Provide an exciting, imaginative, and rigorous learning experience for every UND student.
- Provide support for faculty promotion and tenure processes.
- Offer and promote faculty development and leadership opportunities.
- Foster faculty innovation, achievement, and recognition for teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Promote the assessment of student learning.
- Partner with campus stakeholders to recruit, retain, and support a distinguished and diverse faculty.
- Champion the educational benefits of diverse intellectual viewpoints and backgrounds.
Our Office values accountability, collaboration, inclusivity, integrity, transparency, and continuous improvement.
Supporting Exceptional UND
In support of an Exceptional UND, our Office's initiatives revolve around:
- Leadership for academic, curricular and programmatic priorities.
- Support for excellence in faculty teaching, research, and service.
- Delivery of a learning-centered curriculum to prepare students with the knowledge, skills, and experiences to innovate and lead in a global environment.