- Academic Affairs Office Staff
- Deans and Directors
- Department and Program Chairs
- Department and Program Support Staff
- Provost Blog
- Undergraduate Program Review
- American College of NorwayHonors
- International Programs
- Summer Sessions
- National Scholarships and Fellowships
- Center for Instructional & Learning Technologies
- Essential Studies
- Instructional Development
- Communications Proficiency
- Developmental Leave
- Faculty Appointing Procedures
- Faculty Benefits
- Faculty Recruitment Procedures
- Faculty Salary Administration Policy
- Maternity Leave
- Phased Retirement Policy
- Promotion and Tenure
- Sick Leave
- Academic Affairs Deadlines
- Course Syllabi Statements
- Committees Reporting to the Provost & VPAA
- Common Course Scheduling
- Deans Evaluations
- Faculty Handbook
- Foundation Directory Online
- Online Forms
- Student Learning Outcomes Assessment
The Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs is committed to ensuring the academic success of faculty, students, and staff at the University of North Dakota.
Our mission is to provide strategic vision, leadership, and support for academic excellence and integrity to further the university's academic mission through outstanding teaching and learning, cutting-edge scholarly and creative activity, and meaningful service to the public.
Our Office facilitates the university's mission through academic and curricular planning, and partners with academic faculty, staff, and programs across the university to:
- Provide an exciting, imaginative, and rigorous learning experience for every UND student.
- Provide support for faculty promotion and tenure processes.
- Offer and promote faculty development and leadership opportunities.
- Foster faculty innovation, achievement, and recognition for teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Promote the assessment of student learning.
- Partner with campus stakeholders to recruit, retain, and support a distinguished and diverse faculty.
- Champion the educational benefits of diverse intellectual viewpoints and backgrounds.
Our Office values accountability, collaboration, inclusivity, integrity, transparency, and continuous improvement.
Provost Open Office Hours
Provost DiLorenzo will hold open office hours (Twamley Hall, Room 302) on most Wednesdays from Noon-2 p.m. Faculty, staff, and students are invited to stop by during those times. Here are the dates when he is available over the summer. Please note that additional days have been added when he is not available on a Wednesday.
- Wednesday, June 17 – Noon – 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 23 – Noon -2:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays - July 1, 8, 15 – Noon – 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, July 24 – 10:00 am. – Noon
- Wednesdays - August 5, 12 - Noon – 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 21 - Noon - 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 27 - Noon - 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 1 - 10 a.m. - Noon
- September 9 - 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- September 16 - 1-3 p.m.
- Wednesdays - September 23, 30 - Noon - 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays - October 7, 14, 21 - Noon - 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, October 30 - Noon - 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays - November 4, 18 - Noon - 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 12 - Noon - 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 24 - Noon - 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays - December 9, 16 - Noon - 2:00 p.m.
Supporting Exceptional UND
In support of an Exceptional UND, our Office's initiatives revolve around:
- Leadership for academic, curricular and programmatic priorities.
- Support for excellence in faculty teaching, research, and service.
- Delivery of a learning-centered curriculum to prepare students with the knowledge, skills, and experiences to innovate and lead in a global environment.