2022 North Dakota Tax Practitioners Institute
November 15-16, 2022 - LIVE WEBINAR
If you are having technical difficulties logging into the webinar, go to the Webinar Information page for additional information.
The Tax Practitioners' Institute is a two day overview Group-Internet Based Program. There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation needed for this course. This course is recommended for Certified Public Accountants, Registered Tax Return Preparers, Enrolled Agents, Insurance Providers, Financial Planners and Lawyers. The program knowledge level of the Institute is considered to be basic. Advanced preparation: None. One copy of the 2022 Federal Tax Workbook is included in your participant registration fee. Additional books can be purchased for $80 each.
- Cite tax developments and planning opportunities affecting individuals
- Identify tax developments and planning opportunities affecting businesses
- Review updates in tax law and legislation
- Examine IRS updates
- Analyze agricultural tax issues
This instructor led, two-day course is a tax update seminar focused on various current developments in federal taxation, tax planning opportunities, and tax compliance issues. This course is intended for tax professionals and is designed to provide up-to-date information on federal tax updates and federal tax law.
Day One is a tax update seminar focused on various current developments in federal taxation, tax planning opportunities, and tax compliance issues. This instructor led course will cover many topics including Partnership Issues, Small Business Issues, Elder Issues, International Taxation, and Rulings & Cases (Part 1).
Day Two is intended for tax professionals and is designed to provide up-to-date training on current tax law and regulations. The program will provide insight into New Developments, Estate Issues, Agricultural & Rural Investment, Special Taxpayer Topics, and Rulings and Cases (Part 2).
Ethics Course Objectives
- Discuss ethical considerations
- Examine rules and regulations governing the tax profession
Ethics Course Description
We will also be offering a two hour Ethics Course on Day One. This instructor lead course on ethics is designed to help the tax return preparer understand ethical considerations.This ethics in tax practice session will include information on knowledge of client’s omission, diligence as to accuracy, conflicting interests, best practices for tax advisors, competence and incompetence and disreputable conduct. The focus will be putting ethics into practice. The rules and regulations governing the tax profession and the practical application of these rules in the daily operation of their businesses.
Breakdown of the topics for IRS credit:
- Partnership Issues – Federal Tax Law Update/Federal Tax Law
- Elder Issues – Federal Tax Law Update/Federal Tax Law
- Small Business Issues – Federal Tax Law
- International Taxation – Federal Tax Law Update/Federal Tax Law
- Rulings & Cases (Part 1) – Federal Tax Law Update
- Ethics - Ethics
- New Developments – Federal Tax Law Update
- Estate Issues - Federal Tax Law
- Agricultural Issues & Rural Investments – Federal Tax Law Update /Federal Tax Law
- Special Taxpayer Topics – Federal Tax Law Update/Federal Tax Law
- Rulings & Cases (Part 2) – Federal Tax Law Update
The University of North Dakota Conference Services is registered with the National
Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional
education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have
final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints
regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors,
150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville TN, 37219-2417. Website: www.learningmarket.org
Future Tax Institute Dates