Mark your calendars! The 2019 North Dakota Geospatial Summit will be held October 22-23 in Bismarck at the Bismarck Event Center.
About The Geospatial Summit
The North Dakota Geospatial Summit started out as GIS Day in 2001. Since that time it has grown in attendance and in recent past it has been held every other year as the North Dakota GIS Users Conference. Reflecting the dynamic and widening geospatial field but not losing sight of the foundation continuing to be built upon by geospatial professionals, the event for 2019 has been renamed to the North Dakota Geospatial Summit.
The North Dakota Geospatial Summit is THE event in North Dakota for you if you can check one or more of these:
- I’m a grizzled veteran with decades of GIS experience
- I’ve used GIS data and software for years
- I’m new to this geospatial stuff
- I myself don’t work with geospatial things, but I work with people who do and I’d like to learn more
- I’m an system administrator, dealing with servers, software, databases that directly and indirectly touch geospatial technology
- I integrate maps and analyses into my work
- I’d sure like to figure out how the new technologies and buzzwords will help or hinder me
- I work for a company that provides geospatial technology, support, and services
Aware that organizations are faced with shrinking budgets and resources, the planning committee will focus on providing you a lot of value at the North Dakota Geospatial Summit.
- Technology Trends: location intelligence, big data, cloud computing, UAS, asset tracking
- Application Development: web application builder, Arcade, Python
- Core Geospatial: ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, field data collection
- Government: local and state
- Environmental: prediction modeling, spill remediation
- Health and Emergency: damage collection, NG9-1-1, crowdsourcing
- Barr Engineering Co.
- Beaver Creek Archaeology
- Bolton & Menk, Inc.
- Eagle View/Pictometry
- Frontier Precision, Inc.
- HERE Technologies
- North Point Geographic Solutions
- Pro-West & Associates, Inc.
- Sams Club
- UND Geography & GISc
- MidAmerica GIS Consortium