Student Presentation Competition
The Summit Student Competition Committee is pleased to announce a student presentation competition. The award encourages students to practice their presentation skills as well as develop skills in GIS for use in their future careers.
- Students wishing to enter the competition must submit an abstract according to the abstract instructions no later than April 15, 2022. When submitting the abstract by email, please indicate that you are entering the student competition by writing UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT or GRADUATE STUDENT in the subject line.
- Open to undergraduate and graduate students and sponsored by the Conference Planning Team.
- Participants in the student competition may compete in only one of the following categories: (1) best graduate student presentation or (2) best undergraduate student presentation.
- All entries must report on original research conducted primarily by the student presenting the work.
- All student competitors are encouraged to register for the conference. We understand that class schedules and finances may be barriers to conference attendance, however, networking with career GIS professionals is an important part of the Geospatial Summit experience.
- Entries will be judged based on content, organization, and quality of oral presentation.
- First place winners in each category (graduate or undergraduate oral presentation) will receive a $150 cash prize and certificate. Second place winners in each category will receive a $75 prize and certificate.