2023-24 Co-Sponsored Events Grant Program
Apply for a co-sponsored events grant to reach identity or organization-specific graduate student groups.
The Graduate School considers formal requests from University of North Dakota units, faculty, and registered graduate student organizations for small discretionary grants to co-sponsor social events that would encourage community and engagement among graduate students.
- Awards are a maximum of $2,000 or 50% of the total cost, whichever is smaller.
- Examples of graduate student activities that could be offered include but are not limited to: coffee and ice cream socials, community outings, wellness activities, field trips, service projects, banquets, etc.
- The goal is to reach the diverse needs of our graduate student populations as well as to develop a sense of belonging, community, and engagement among graduate student populations. Events that are designed for the sole purpose of graduate community and engagement, and are graduate student focused, are the types of events that may qualify under the grant program.
Applications must be submitted a minimum of 3 weeks prior to the event in accordance with the following criteria (applications submitted less than 3 weeks in advance will not be considered):
- Social events developed for specific graduate student groups based on identity or organization.
- On campus events must be hosted at the Gershman Graduate Center unless the building cannot accommodate the event.
- It is encouraged that the event be open to graduate students from across multiple colleges or programs.
- Must have commitments for the majority of the project costs at the time of the request.
- Must agree to market the event as a partnership with the School of Graduate Studies.
Departments will be limited to one grant per semester. Applications will only be considered for the current academic year.
Partnering Department Responsibilities
- Coordinate all logistical pieces of the event (e.g. develop event agenda, order catering, space reservations, speakers, host event day activities, complete safety and other required forms, parking, etc.)
- Submit an event approval form with the Office of Safety at least two weeks prior to the event.
- If the event will be held at the Gershman Graduate Center, submit the reservation request through the online portal.
- If alcohol will be served, submit an alcohol waiver request form at least three weeks prior to the event. Note: Grant funds cannot be used to pay for alcohol.
- Develop and implement marketing for their event.
- Work with Graduate School for payment processing prior to the event.
School of Graduate Studies Responsibilities
- Provide space reservation assistance for the Gershman Graduate Center.
- Be available as a consult for program coordinators who wish to discuss their event plans for activities hosted at the Gershman Graduate Center.
Please allow 1-3 business days for your application to be processed.