Apply for a co-sponsored events grant to reach identity or organization-specific graduate student groups.
The Graduate School considers formal requests from University of North Dakota units, faculty, and registered graduate student organizations for small discretionary grants to co-sponsor social events that would encourage community and engagement among graduate students.
- Awards are a maximum of $2,000 or 50% of the total cost, whichever is smaller.
- Examples of graduate student activities that could be offered include but are not limited to: coffee and ice cream socials, community outings, wellness activities, field trips, service projects, banquets, etc.
- The goal is to reach the diverse needs of our graduate student populations as well as to develop a sense of belonging, community, and engagement among graduate student populations.
Applications must be submitted a minimum of 3 weeks prior to the event in accordance with the following criteria:
- Social events developed for specific graduate student groups based on identity or organization.
- On campus events must be hosted at the Gershman Graduate Center unless event warrants a larger venue.
- It is encouraged that the event be open to graduate students from across multiple colleges or programs.
- Must have commitments for the majority of the project costs at the time of the request.
- Must agree to market the event as a partnership with the School of Graduate Studies.
Partnering Department Responsibilities
- Coordinate all logistical pieces of the event (E.g. develop event agenda, order catering, space reservations, speakers, host event day activities, complete safety and other required forms, parking, etc.)
- Submit an event approval form with the Office of Safety at least two weeks prior to the event.
- If the event will be held at the Gershman Graduate Center, submit the reservation request through the online portal.
- If alcohol will be served, submit an alcohol waiver request form at least three weeks prior to the event. (Note: Grant funds cannot be used to pay for alcohol).
- Develop and implement marketing for their event.
- Submit a final expense report to the School of Graduate Studies for reimbursement purposes.
School of Graduate Studies Responsibilities
- Provide space reservation assistance for the Gershman Graduate Center.
- Be available as a consult for program coordinators who wish to discuss their event plans for activities hosted at the Gershman Graduate Center.
Please allow 1-3 business days for your application to be processed.