The time leading up to graduation can be stressful. Follow this checklist to ensure you are ready for the big day and beyond.
Upon completion of the courses listed in your program of study, you are eligible to graduate from the University of North Dakota. Congratulations! Here's what you should do next:
- Check that your major requirements are satisfied and you have met the credit requirements for UND.
- Apply for graduation.
- Resolve any "Incomplete," "In Progress," or "Missing Grades" before recording your degree. Consult the Dean of your college or the Academic Catalog for more information and to see the specific policy.
- Complete Exit Loan Counseling before you graduate, if you have received a federal student loan at UND. This requirement must be completed using the correct online form.
- All correspondence courses must be completed and grades recorded to your academic record before your degree can be awarded.
- If you have studied abroad, your work needs to be recorded on your academic record prior to the recording of your degree. Contact the International Center with any questions or concerns.
- Make arrangements to checkout of University housing. Questions should be directed to the Housing & Residence Life Office.
- Confirm that your Campus Connection account is paid in full and you do not owe a balance.
- Update your phone number and mailing address on your graduation application using Campus Connection. All mailing addresses should be updated 10 days prior to graduation. Diplomas will be sent to the address listed on your graduation application within eight weeks after graduation.
- Graduate students receiving their master's or doctorate degrees will rent their UND-custom gown, hood, tassel and cap/tam through Herff Jones. Regalia will be available for pick up at the University Bookstore and should be returned after the ceremony. If you have questions regarding rentals, please contact the University Bookstore at 701.777.2746.
- Undergraduate students will purchase their UND gown, tassel and cap at the UND Bookstore or through Herff Jones. If you have questions, please contact the University Bookstore at 701.777.2746.
- UND Career Services congratulates you on your graduation. Please be on the lookout for an email from UND.careerservices@UND.edu inviting you to take the Plans After Graduation & Experiences Survey.
If you missed the section on the graduation application for updating your diploma mailing address to receive your diploma, you can update the “mailing” address field in Campus Connection instead (if you are unable to go back into your graduation application.)
It takes up to eight weeks from the end of the semester for degrees to be posted and diplomas mailed.