Autism Spectrum Disorders (Certificate)
Develop a deeper understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorders so you can support the strengths and challenges of individuals with ASD.
Prepare to serve people with Autism Spectrum Disorders. This 100% online graduate certificate program will prepare you to work in home-based settings; schools, hospitals, state and private institutions; or other human service agencies. You'll learn the latest methods, research and training associated with ASD.
- Program type:
- Certificate - Graduate
- Est. time to complete:
- 1 year
- Credit hours:
Why Earn a Autism Spectrum Disorders Certificate Online at UND?
This part-time, flexible online Autism Spectrum Disorders graduate certificate is designed for parents, practitioners or professionals who work with individuals with ASD. It provides you with the skills and tools you need to effectively address the many and varied challenges they face.
UND's online autism program will allow you to:
- Learn research supported methods for working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders or Pervasive Developmental Disorders and their caregivers/families.
- Receive specialized training and resources designed for professionals, parents and other caregivers.
- Review the latest research on providing quality, lifelong services.
- Gain access to a support network for families, practitioners and professionals who work with individuals that have ASD or PDD in rural settings.
Accreditation by CAEP
The online certificate is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
Designed for parents, practitioners, or professionals who work with individuals with ASD.
View recorded lectures, access course materials, submit assignments and take tests at the time of day and place of your choice.
Get help from responsive faculty, one-on-one advising and customized program of study.
Learn from highly qualified instructors with more than 60 years of combined experience in working with children who have special needs and their families.
Graduates of this online program are ready to serve individuals with ASD in a variety of settings including at home or in schools, hospitals, state and private institutions, or other human service agencies. You'll gain understanding in:
- History, characteristics and theories associated with the spectrum.
- Programs and methods that are most commonly applied in practice with persons with ASD or are most frequently discussed in professional literature.
- Chronic stressors experienced by caregivers and family members of persons with ASD.
- Career/vocational options as related to the transition from high school through adult life.
- Legal issues related to the provision of lifelong supports for persons with ASD.
- Role and future of medicine and interventions for persons with ASD, including issues related to conducting wellness examinations, medication treatments available and treatments currently being studied.
When You Earn a Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorders
An Autism Spectrum Disorders certificate gives you the strategic skills you need, including:
- Autism (Therapies)
- Curriculum Development
- Speech-Language Pathology
UND Autism Spectrum Disorders Alumni
Autism Spectrum Disorders alumni have gone on to a variety of successful careers with:
- Fargo Public Schools
- Abbott & Burckhart Therapy
- Acute, LLC
- American Airlines Group, Inc.
- Anne Carlsen Center
- Appleton Area School District