Autism Spectrum Disorder (Undergraduate Certificate)
Develop a deeper understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
This 100% online undergraduate certificate program will help you to better understand individuals with ASD and how to support them in day-to-day activities.
- Program type:
- Certificates/Programs - Undergraduate
- Est. time to complete:
- 1 year
- Credit hours:
Why Earn an Autism Spectrum Disorder Certificate Online at UND?
This part-time, flexible online Autism Spectrum Disorder Undergraduate Certificate is designed for parents, grandparents, general educators, administrators, office professionals, paraprofessionals and others who work with individuals with ASD. Through this certificate program you will gain the skills and tools needed to effectively address the many and varied challenges individuals with ASD face.
UND's online autism spectrum disorder program will allow you to:
- Understand the characteristics of ASD and the impact on individuals with ASD and their families.
- Learn specific, evidence-based strategies to support individuals with ASD across a variety of settings.
- Understand the educational and vocational supports needed by individuals with ASD, including frequently used accommodations.
Special Education program by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
Designed for friends, family, practitioners or professionals who work with individuals with ASD.
Get help from responsive faculty, one-on-one advising and customized program of study.
View recorded lectures, access course materials, submit assignments and take tests at the time of day and place of your choice.
Learn from highly qualified instructors with more than 60 years of combined experience in working with children who have special needs and their families.
1 in 59 children have been diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder.*
Median annual salary for special education teachers.**
Graduates of this online program are ready to serve individuals with ASD in a variety of settings including at home or in schools, hospitals, state and private institutions, or other human service agencies. You'll gain an understanding in:
- History, characteristics and theories associated with the spectrum.
- Programs and methods that are most commonly applied in practice with persons with ASD or are most frequently discussed in professional literature.
- Chronic stressors experienced by caregivers and family members of persons with ASD.
- Career/vocational options as related to the transition from high school through adult life.
- Legal issues related to the provision of lifelong supports for persons with ASD.
- Role and future of medicine and interventions for persons with ASD, including issues related to conducting wellness examinations, medication treatments available and treatments currently being studied.
When You Earn a Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorder
An Autism Spectrum Disorder Certificate gives you the strategic skills you need, including:
- Autism (Therapies)
- Curriculum Development
- Speech-Language Pathology
UND Autism Spectrum Disorder Alumni
Autism Spectrum Disorder alumni have gone on to a variety of successful careers with:
- Fargo Public Schools
- Abbott & Burckhart Therapy
- Acute, LLC
- American Airlines Group, Inc.
- Anne Carlsen Center
- Appleton Area School District