College Teaching (Certificate)
Impact the next generation by learning how to be an effective college teacher.
Make an impact by teaching in higher education with a certificate in College Teaching. The program is designed for faculty and graduate students who wish to become professors, college instructions and academic advisors as well as individuals who are teaching or want to teach in a college setting.
- Program type:
- Certificate - Graduate
- Est. time to complete:
- 1 year
- Credit hours:
Why Study College Teaching at UND?
Teaching effective college instruction in terms of both principles and techniques. It is targeted, but not limited, to faculty (full-time and adjuncts) and graduate students who are, or intend to become professors, college instructors, academic advisors, internship supervisors, program trainers, curriculum coordinators, and learning designers.
Through this certificate program, students will:
- Gain knowledge about various pedagogical approaches
- Experience and demonstrate effective teaching skills
- Connect institutional and department missions as well as disciplinary norms
- Foster ethical behaviors and professional standards
- Understand the complexities of the academic profession
- Identify emerging trends in college teaching excellence
- Participate in professional forums as a means to enhance the knowledge and practice of effective college teaching during the period of the program and beyond