K-12 School Counseling Emphasis (M.A.)
Effect systemic change within your school as a data-driven and culturally-responsive professional school counselor
Make a difference with students and help impact their lives with an M.A. in Counseling (K - 12 School Counseling Emphasis). This online graduate degree prepares you to promote the academic, career, personal and social development of K-12 students.
- Program type:
- Master's Degree
- Est. time to complete:
- 2.5 years
- Credit hours:
Why Earn a Master's Degree in a K-12 School Counseling at UND?
Designed for working professionals, the online program prepares you to work as a school counselor. You'll graduate prepared to help students overcome obstacles and reach their academic and career goals. Features of the online program include:
- "Live" online classes held in the evening
- Two four-day visits to UND's campus during summer terms
- A semester-long practicum and an internship in a school close to your home
- Support services including library, tech support, accessible office hours and advising
Completion of coursework leads to eligibility for state department of education licensure in North Dakota and may be compatible with licensure requirements in other states.
Top Online Master's in School Counseling
- The Best Schools ranks the University of North Dakota as the No. 2 school on its Best Online Master's in School Counseling Programs list.
- The program is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a top online Education program.
- U.S. News & World Report lists UND at #21 for best online graduate education program for veterans.
- UND also ranks third in the Top 10 Counseling Programs Online by BestCounselingSchools.com.
Accreditation by CAEP and Approved by ESPB
The online M.A.in Counseling (K-12 School Counseling Emphasis) program is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), and approved by the North Dakota Education Standards and Practices for School Counselor Competencies (ESPB).