Educational Studies (M.S.)
Develop research skills and learn the foundational ideas to prepare for a dynamic career in the diverse field of education.
Develop research expertise to examine educational issues from the interdisciplinary perspectives of history, sociology, anthropology and psychology in order to develop practical solutions to today’s educational challenges. With an M.S. in Educational Studies from UND, you will become an informed leader, reflective practitioner and successful communicator well suited for schools, higher education, industry and education doctoral programs.
- Program type:
- Master's Degree
- Est. time to complete:
- 2-3 years
- Credit hours:
Why Study Educational Studies at UND?
The M.S. in Educational Studies offers an advanced social sciences and humanities education paired with robust training in research.
In this program you will:
- Study historical, psychological, sociological and anthropological perspectives underpinning education
- Acquire research skills in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Actively participate in a community of scholarship
- Study current issues and trends in education practice and assessment
- Focus on social justice to develop a critical voice on impactful education topics
- Prepare yourself for advanced doctoral programs in education
The program culminates with a scholarly project, independent study or thesis.