Online Ph.D. Environmental Engineering
UND's online Ph.D. programs in environmental engineering are affordable and highly credible.
You can earn your doctoral degree in engineering from the University of North Dakota while you continue to live and work in your own community. Your transcript and diploma will look the same as for a student who graduated from UND by taking traditional on-campus courses.
You’ll receive the convenience of online learning with the personal contact and connection of being with faculty and classmates through online tools.
For students completing the program by online delivery, a minimum of three campus visits are required and you'll need to make a presentation during each visit. One of these presentations can be the oral presentation for the qualifying exam. Additionally, a Ph.D. candidate should be present for the Ph.D. dissertation defense.
Online Engineering Courses
UND’s online engineering courses mirror those offered on campus. As an online doctoral student, you’ll follow the same curriculum, watch the same lectures and have the same deadlines for completing lessons and exams as a student on campus. Depending on the professor you may:
- Access course materials, assignments and recorded lectures.
- Communicate with engineering faculty and classmates.
- Use UND’s student support services such as online tutoring, digital library, tech support and advising services.
- Take supervised (proctored) exams using ProctorU.
Affordable Online Colleges
UND is one of the most affordable online colleges in the region. For this program, we offer in-state tuition rates regardless of your legal residency. Compare and you’ll see UND is lower cost than similar four-year doctoral universities.
Leaders in Online Education
No matter how you customize your online experience, you’ll get the same top-quality education as any other on-campus student.
- Same degree. All online programs are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Your transcript and diploma are exactly the same as our on-campus students.
- Same classes. You’ll take courses from UND professors, start and end the semesters at the same time and take the same classes as a student on campus.
- Real interaction. You can ask questions, get feedback and regularly connect with your professors, peers and professionals in the field.
- Your own academic advisor. As an invaluable go-to, they’re focused on you, your personal success and your future career.
- Free online tutoring. We're here to help you one-on-one at no cost. Plus, get access to a variety of self-help online study resources.
- Unlimited academic coaching. Need support to achieve your academic goals or feeling stumped by a tough course? We'll help with everything from stress and time management to improving your memory to achieve higher test scores.
- Full online access. Dig into virtual research from the Chester Fritz Library. Improve your writing skills with online help from the UND Writing Center. Get online access to career services, veteran and military services, financial services and more.
Best Online Colleges
Reportedly high alumni salaries and job placement rates, coupled with affordable online tuition rates make UND a best-value university for online education. UND's breadth of online programs rivals all other non-profit universities in the upper Midwest making UND one of the best online schools in the region.
UND ranks among the best online colleges in the nation for:
- Student satisfaction (retention rate)
- Academic quality (4-year graduate rate)
- Student outcomes (20-year return on investment per Paysacle.com)