Physics (Accelerated B.S./M.S.)
Accelerate your career by earning both a B.S. and M.S. in Physics in just five years.
Physics plays a central role in our understanding of the universe. UND’s accelerated B.S./M.S. program opens the door to an early start in this dynamic profession.
- Program type:
- Combined (Major and Master's)
- Est. time to complete:
- 5 years
- Credit hours:
Why Study Physics at UND?
Mastering physics can lead you to exciting research careers in STEM. So why wait? At UND, you can earn both bachelor's and master's degrees in just five years.
Here's how it works:
- Start taking graduate courses at the beginning of your fourth year.
- Embark on your thesis research as early as your junior year.
- Graduate in five years with both a B.S. and an M.S.
Physics at UND is characterized by small classes and a collaborative approach. You'll work closely with acclaimed faculty on cutting-edge research on topics like solid-state physics, materials science, astrophysics and health physics, and you'll contribute to the field by writing an original thesis.
Make use of advice and guidance of a team of faculty dedicated to your success
Conduct in-depth research in areas such as dark energy, nanoscience and superconductivity
Participate in extracurricular activities such as NASA-sponsored rocket competitions
Enjoy access to state-of-the art research facilities at UND and at national and international research facilities
A master's degree in physics opens the door to just about any career, in science and beyond. For example:
- Professional physics for high-tech companies, government laboratories or the defense sector
- Teaching at the secondary or university level
- Medical physics
- Computer programming
- Space exploration
- Patent law
UND Physics Alumni
Physics graduates have gone on to illustrious careers at places such as:
- Kaiser Permanente
- UND's Energy Environmental Research Center (EERC)
- Stanford Institute for Materials and Energy Sciences
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Hitachi High Technologies America
- Lewis and Clark Community College
- Altru Health System