Social Entrepreneurship (Certificate)
Make the world a better place by influencing social change.
Social problems permeate the world around us. No country, state, region or community is immune from problems such as poverty, substance abuse, lack of basic services, violence and more. With the Social Entrepreneurship graduate certificate you'll be equipped with the necessary tools, skills and knowledge to confront and solve social problems at the community level.
- Program type:
- Certificate - Graduate
- On-campus or online
- Est. time to complete:
- 2 years
- Credit hours:
Why Earn a Graduate Certificate in Social Entrepreneurship at UND?
The online or on-campus Social Entrepreneurship graduate certificate provides you with the entrepreneurial principles needed to create and manage ventures and social enterprises that address existing social problems.
The Social Entrepreneurship program is designed for:
- Individuals already in the field attempting to refine their skills
- Those seeking to lead or work in a nonprofit organization
- Future business leaders interested in learning best practices for social cause programs
- Individuals wanting to start their own social ventures
The graduate certificate in Social Entrepreneurship is open to anyone with an undergraduate degree in any area of study. Individuals interested in social entrepreneurship are from various academic and professional backgrounds, including:
- Social workers
- Nonprofit managers
- Business professionals
Be the Change
Our students develop the abilities to take on challenges and lead in a rapidly changing world.
Apply your certification credits towards a Master's in Public Administration (M.P.A.).
Take part in live online classes which are held one evening per week.
Get student support services, including online tutoring, library, tech support and advising services.
The online graduate certificate in Social Entrepreneurship focuses on developing your entrepreneurial skills to enhance the social sector, including:
- Entrepreneurial principles
- Ventures and social enterprises
- The "business" of solving social problems
Through UND's courses, you will explore the:
- Concepts of social entrepreneurship
- Methods and techniques of entrepreneurship
- Steps required to create social enterprises and ventures
- Management of ventures and social enterprises
- Building of advocacy campaigns
As a graduate of the program, you will be better equipped to:
- Positively impact social problems at the community, state, regional, national or international level
- Leverage assets and your imagination to serve your community's needs
- Create and foster sustainable organizations that support social change
- Succeed in an increasingly diverse and interdependent world