Pathway III(b) Accelerated Participation Agreement
All parties must agree to abide by the University of North Dakota's policies prior to enrollment in this course.
As a STUDENT, YOU agree to:
- be currently employed (at least part-time) as a food service employee, OR arrange
for 150 hours of field experience in a food service department, with a minimum of
50 hours in a healthcare facility.
- UND does not arrange for field experience sites, or enter into contracts with field experience facilities.
- be a high school graduate, have a GED certificate, or a letter of endorsement from your supervisor and administrator.
- be endorsed by the administrator of the facility and the registered dietitian who will act as your preceptor.
- verify that you and your preceptor feel comfortable with online learning and computers and can meet the technical requirements if you want to take the course online.
- complete your own work with honesty and integrity. Work not exhibiting these qualities, such as copying another student's work, can be defined as scholastic dishonesty. Scholastic dishonesty may result in dismissal from the course.
The ADMINISTRATOR at your facility agrees to:
- allow and financially support a registered dietitian to act as a preceptor for a minimum of 50 hours of supervision for each student taking the course (25 hours if a CDM, CFPP or DTR preceptor is available for supervision).
- make records and equipment needed for learning purposes available.
- allow the preceptor(s) and student to participate in administrative and allied health meetings.
- allow the student to complete field experience hours as agreed upon between the student and the facility.