You must verify your computer equipment meets the minimum technical requirements needed for an online course.
Although specific technical requirements may vary by online course or program, the following general technical requirements are required for all online courses.
- Active Email Account
- Current Operating System: Windows or Mac
- Internet Connection: DSL/Cable (recommended)
- A wireless or satellite connection should not be used for taking exams/quizzes
- Browser: Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome are recommended
- Word Processing Software: Microsoft Word (recommended)
- Additional Free Software Downloads (as necessary)
For more specific information about technical requirements, refer to your course syllabus (available approximately 1 week prior to your course start date), or contact your instructor.
For more specific information about technical requirements, refer to your course syllabus or contact your instructor.
Looking for Technical Help?
Please contact UND Technical Support if you need assistance logging in to Blackboard our your UND email account.
Are you comfortable with technology?
If you take an online course, you should feel comfortable with technology and online learning; and have access to the appropriate equipment.
Before enrolling in an online course, ask yourself if you can:
- Access computers that meet the minimum technical requirements
- Send, receive and attach documents to an email
- Navigate computer screens and the Internet easily
- Create, save, retrieve and browse for computer files
- Download media players, software plug-ins and other free software available on the Web
Depending on your course, additional computer skills may be required.