Apply to M.A.T.
An athletic training master’s degree can be obtained through a two-year professional curriculum.
Admission to the professional program in athletic training is on a competitive basis with consideration given to pre-professional performance in academic performance, application materials and interview process.
Prospective students must complete an undergraduate degree before entering the professional coursework. All of the prerequisite coursework must be completed before entering the professional program; however prospective students may be enrolled in pre-professional coursework at the time of application.
M.A.T. Application Process
Students eligible to apply for the professional program must complete:
- Application: Apply through ATCAS and submit a UND School of Graduate Studies Application. Application cycle is open from July 1 to March 1.
- Transcripts: Refer to ATCAS for transcript requirements. Minimum 3.0 GPA in undergraduate degree.
- Three letters of reference: Follow ATCAS for directions. (*Please note that at least one letter of reference must come from an Athletic Trainer).
- Observation Hours: 50 hours of observation under an athletic trainer within the last three years submitted through ATCAS.
- GRE Scores: The GRE is not required for application to UND’s Master of Athletic Training program.
- CPR Certification: Proof of current CPR submitted on ATCAS
The Admission process includes an interview. Each application is thoroughly reviewed.