Atmospheric Sciences (Combined B.S./M.S.)
Accelerate your education with a combined degree in Atmospheric Sciences and join the next generation of atmospheric experts.
If you’re looking for the straightest line from education to professional, a UND Master of Science (M.S.) degree is right for you. And, now with the option of a combined degree program, you can complete your higher education in an efficient way. With this graduate program, you’ll gain the hands-on and practical expertise that today’s employers are looking for.
- Program type:
- Combined (Major and Master's)
- Est. time to complete:
- 5 years
- Credit hours:
Why Study Atmospheric Sciences at UND?
Today, our complex society and our environment are affected even more seriously by events and changes in the atmosphere. Be a part of the next generation of atmospheric scientists who continue to expand our knowledge of weather and help keep the public safe from hazards..
With this UND combined undergraduate and graduate program, you'll have opportunities to:
- Benefit from program that allows you to tailor your curriculum by selecting from a wide variety of related fields.
- Accelerate your path to completion of a graduate degree.
- Work with faculty who are conducting cutting edge research with agencies such as NASA, NSF, and the Naval Research Laboratory.
- Expand your career possibilities with an M.S. degree, which is becoming increasingly preferred by many employers.
UND students produce daily forecasts, working on weather tracking, writing scripts and on-screen experience. Students also learn how to build thermometers to gain real-world understanding of how instruments work.