Explore the science of living things through well-rounded coursework, field study and hands-on research.
In a changing world, graduates with a grounding in the biological sciences are more in demand than ever. A degree in Biology from UND gives you the foundational knowledge and skills to thrive in any career.
- Program type:
- Est. time to complete:
- 4 years
- Credit hours:
- 120 (major), 20 (minor)
Why Study Biology at UND?
The biological sciences will play an increasingly important role in coming years, as society grapples with global issues such as overpopulation and climate change. With a Biology major from UND, you'll gain:
- An understanding of modern research techniques
- Critical-thinking skills
- A strong understanding of essential biological concepts
- Quantitative reasoning ability
- Broad exposure to all levels of biological organization, from molecules to ecosystems
As a biology student at UND, you can choose from several distinct tracks:
- General Biology
- Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Secondary Biology Education
- Minor in Biology
Whichever track you choose, you'll have the opportunity to immerse yourself in hands-on research, independent studies, internships and other experiential learning opportunities — and prepare for a rewarding career on the front lines of biology.