Explore the science of living things through well-rounded coursework and hands-on research.
A degree in Biology from UND gives you the foundational knowledge and skills to thrive in any career. Our flexible options allow you to customize your major in anything from wildlife to pre-health.
- Program type:
- Est. time to complete:
- 4 years
- Credit hours:
- 120 (major), 20 (minor)
Why Study Biology at UND?
The biological sciences will play an increasingly important role in coming years, as society grapples with global issues such as overpopulation and climate change. With a Biology major from UND, you'll gain:
- An understanding of modern research techniques
- Critical-thinking skills
- A strong understanding of essential biological concepts
- Quantitative reasoning ability
- Broad exposure to all levels of biological organization, from molecules to ecosystems
Customize Your Biology Major
- The B.S. with Major in Fisheries and Wildlife Biology prepares students for careers in state, private and federal fisheries and wildlife or conservation organizations.
- The B.S. with Major in Biology (General Option) allows students to customize the program of study to their own needs including allowing for semesters with internships or study abroad.
- The B.S. with Major in Molecular and Integrative Biology with the Basic Life Science provides a strong foundation for students planning to continue their studies in medical science, graduate or professional programs.
- The B.S. with Major in Molecular and Integrative Biology with the Enhanced Applied Life Science is for students interested in pursuing technical positions or further training in applied health science and biotechnology.
- The B.S. with Major in Biology (Professional Health Sciences Emphasis, Pre-Health) is designed for students interested in medicine or allied medical fields.