Biology Ph.D. Tuition and Fees
Invest in a lifetime of success with a graduate degree from UND.
Tuition and fees vary based on where you live, the graduate program you choose and your eligibility for financial aid.
|North Dakota Resident||Minnesota Resident||All Other U.S. States, Sask. & Manitoba||International||Online|
|Cost Per Credit||$439||$558||$659||$878||$519|
|Mandatory Fees Per Credit||$57||$57||$57||$57||$57|
|Total Per Credit||$496||$615||$716||$935
- Rates: Rates include mandatory fees but do not include flight costs/aviation, study abroad, music lessons, marching band, student teaching or select physical education course rental expenses. Mandatory fees will be billed at $57 per credit (fall) and $71 per credit (spring). Tuition and fees are subject to change for the 2019-20 academic year.
- On-Campus Students: Tuition and fees will be capped at 12 credits per semester. Semester-based online courses are included in the 12-credit tuition cap and will be billed based on your residency rate.
- Online Programs: Tuition is charged per credit regardless of residency. Online tuition is not capped at 12 credits per semester, however, an online student's mandatory fees are capped at 12 credits per semester.
- Questions: If you have questions about your tuition rate, email tuition@UND.edu.
How much will I be expected to pay?
The dollar figure you are looking for is the net price, how much you'll pay after subtracting scholarships and loans.
Paying for Graduate School
Financial aid for graduate students works similarly to the way it works for undergraduate students. However, additional aid opportunities may be available at the graduate level that aren’t available for undergraduates, depending on the program you select.
Applying for financial aid does work the same way. You must first submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Let’s help you get started:
Active Duty Military, Veterans & Dependents
Active Duty Military
All active duty military members using federal Tuition Assistance (TA) benefits are eligible for a tuition rate of $250 per credit for undergraduate courses and programs. The tuition rate will be billed at the program’s rate and will be adjusted to the active duty military rate after the student submits the Tuition Assistance Form each semester.
The active duty military rate is not valid for any Aerospace, Engineering, Graduate, Law and Medical Programs or self-paced, enroll anytime online courses. However, all active duty enrolled in these programs/courses will receive the North Dakota in-state tuition rate. Students can still use their TA benefits by submitting their TA forms to One-Stop Student Services. We also encourage students to apply for other scholarships.
Veterans & Dependents
Regardless of actual residency status, the following qualify for the North Dakota in-state tuition rate for on-campus and online programs:
- North Dakota National Guard Members
- Members of Armed Forces Reserve component stations in North Dakota
- Dependents (spouses/children) of the above
UND-contracted ROTC cadets also receive in-state tuition rates.