Chemical Engineering (B.S.)
Gain hands-on experience in harnessing chemical transformations to help solve today's engineering challenges.
Solving many of today’s chemical engineering problems boils downs to specialized technical knowledge that fuses chemistry, physics, math and economics. Over 85 percent of UND chemical engineering graduates participate in hands-on learning through industrial internships, undergraduate research, or student design competitions.
- Program type:
- On-campus or online
- Est. time to complete:
- 4-5 years
- Credit hours:
Why Study Chemical Engineering at UND?
Chemical engineers transform substances and solve problems encompassing a broad range of industries, helping to make products and processes faster, safer, more reliable and sustainable. Leaders in this field have more than just a strong technical knowledge; they excel in critical thinking with solid real-world application experience.
With the UND chemical engineering undergraduate program, you'll benefit from an optimum curriculum mix that gives you the tools to succeed in your chosen field:
- Learn the fundamentals of the physical sciences, mathematics and chemical engineering.
- Participate in a hands-on lab sequence that emphasizes critical thinking and relates course content to real-world applications.
- Seize on many opportunities to design, conduct and analyze your own experiments.
Specialize Your Chemical Engineering Degree
Chemical engineering students have the option of three concentration to further specialize their career path in chemical engineering. Your transcript will be marked with the concentration upon completion of the curriculum.
- Energetics: Concepts widely used in defense applications, space exploration, counter-terrorism, fire suppression and public safety technologies, automotive airbags, and fireworks.
- Petroleum Engineering: An emphasis on the upstream development, drilling and production of oil and natural gas.
- Sustainability: Designed for careers associated with sustainable energy technologies, climate change, rising energy costs and energy security.
Top Online Engineering College in the Nation
Every engineering program offers education, but not every program prepares students to make a real impact the way UND does. UND is increasingly regarded as one of the top academic and research institutions in the nation for engineering. We consistently rank among the best for educational quality, affordability, and career outcomes.
Accreditation by ABET
Study chemical engineering at an accredited university. Both our on-campus and online programs are ABET accredited.