Specialize in energetics, petroleum engineering or sustainability at our top ranked chemical engineering program.
Earn your degree online or on-campus at the most affordable chemical engineering program in the region. Over 85% of UND chemical engineering graduates participate in hands-on learning through industrial internships, undergraduate research or design competitions.
- Program type:
- On Campus or Online
- Est. time to complete:
- 4-5 years
- Credit hours:
Why earn a bachelor of chemical engineering?
On-Campus or Online Chemical Engineering Degree
Satisfy the eligibility requirement to sit for the NCEES PE examination. Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, this program meets the education requirements to pursue a license as a Professional Engineer in all 50 states.
Learn in a smaller and interactive environment with class sizes of only 30-40 students.
Get scholarships. The College of Engineering & Mines has scholarships for incoming freshmen, returning sophomores and new transfers in any engineering major.
Be part of a team in a process design and evaluation project during your senior capstone course.
Tailor the program to your individual interests such as environmental concerns, alternative energy, materials, bio-processes or other areas.
Compare our online and on-campus costs. You'll find we are one of the most affordable chemical engineering schools in the Midwest. Our online students pay the same affordable tuition rate regardless of their legal residency.
What can you do with a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering?
Chemical Engineering Degree Courses
Online Chemical Engineering Degree
What can you expect from UND's chemical engineering degree online?
No matter how you customize your online experience, you’ll get the same top-quality education as any other on-campus student.
- Same degree. All online programs are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Your transcript and diploma are exactly the same as our on-campus students.
- Same classes. You’ll take courses from UND professors, start and end the semesters at the same time and take the same classes as a student on campus.
- Real interaction. You can ask questions, get feedback and regularly connect with your professors, peers and professionals in the field.
- Your own academic advisor. As an invaluable go-to, they’re focused on you, your personal success and your future career.
- Free online tutoring. We're here to help you one-on-one at no cost. Plus, get access to a variety of self-help online study resources.
- Unlimited academic coaching. Need support to achieve your academic goals or feeling stumped by a tough course? We'll help with everything from stress and time management to improving your memory to achieve higher test scores.
- Full online access. Dig into virtual research from the Chester Fritz Library. Improve your writing skills with online help from the UND Writing Center. Get online access to career services, veteran and military services, financial services and more.
- 24/7 technical support. UND provides free computer, email and other technical support for all online students.
Best Online College
Reportedly high alumni salaries and job placement rates, coupled with affordable online tuition rates make UND a best-value university for online education. UND's breadth of online programs rivals all other non-profit universities in the upper Midwest making UND one of the best online schools in the region.
UND ranks among the best online colleges in the nation for:
- Student satisfaction (retention rate)
- Academic quality (4-year graduate rate)
- Student outcomes (20-year return on investment per Paysacle.com)