Earn your civil engineering degree at one of the best civil engineering schools in the nation.
Our personalized civil engineering degree will immerse you in unique design and research projects. Participating in project-based learning will bring you new ideas for the planning, design, and construction of civil infrastructure.
- Program type:
- On Campus or Online
- Est. time to complete:
- 4-5 years
- Credit hours:
Why earn a civil engineering bachelor's degree?
On-Campus or Online Civil Engineering Degree
Satisfy the eligibility requirement to sit for the NCEES PE examination. Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, this program meets the education requirements to pursue a license as a Professional Engineer in all 50 states.
Focus on engineering design, project management, construction, contract administration, technical support and research.
Students with an academic major in the College of Engineering & Mines (CEM) have an option to live in the Engineering Living & Learning Community on campus.
UND is one of the most well-respected engineering colleges in the upper Midwest. We are one of the first to offer engineering degrees online.
Learn important skills using AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MATLAB, Python and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) platforms.
What can you do with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering?
Civil Engineering Degree Courses
Best Civil Engineering Bachelor's Programs
Online Civil Engineering Bachelor's Degree
Why consider UND's online chemical engineering bachelor's degree?
No matter how you customize your online experience, you’ll get the same top-quality education as any other on-campus student.
- Same degree. All online programs are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Your transcript and diploma are exactly the same as our on-campus students.
- Same classes. You’ll take courses from UND professors, start and end the semesters at the same time and take the same classes as a student on campus.
- Real interaction. You can ask questions, get feedback and regularly connect with your professors, peers and professionals in the field.
- Your own academic advisor. As an invaluable go-to, they’re focused on you, your personal success and your future career.
- Free online tutoring. We're here to help you one-on-one at no cost. Plus, get access to a variety of self-help online study resources.
- Unlimited academic coaching. Need support to achieve your academic goals or feeling stumped by a tough course? We'll help with everything from stress and time management to improving your memory to achieve higher test scores.
- Full online access. Dig into virtual research from the Chester Fritz Library. Improve your writing skills with online help from the UND Writing Center. Get online access to career services, veteran and military services, financial services and more.
- 24/7 technical support. UND provides free computer, email and other technical support for all online students.
Best Online College
Reportedly high alumni salaries and job placement rates, coupled with affordable online tuition rates make UND a best-value university for online education. UND's breadth of online programs rivals all other non-profit universities in the upper Midwest making UND one of the best online schools in the region.
UND ranks among the best online colleges in the nation for:
- Student satisfaction (retention rate)
- Academic quality (4-year graduate rate)
- Student outcomes (20-year return on investment per Paysacle.com)