The applicant must meet the School of Graduate Studies' current minimum general admission requirements as published in the graduate catalog.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited or equivalent program.
- Graduate Record Examination General Test for applicants from non-ABET accredited programs.
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.5 for all undergraduate work or a GPA of at least 3.0 for the junior and senior years of undergraduate work (based on A = 4.00).
- Satisfy the School of Graduate Studies' English Language Proficiency requirements as published in the graduate catalog.
Students seeking the Master of Engineering degree at the University of North Dakota must satisfy all general requirements set forth by the School of Graduate Studies as well as particular requirements set forth by the Civil Engineering Department.
- A minimum of 30 semester credits in a major option, including the credits granted for the design project and the research leading to the design project.
- At least one-half of the credits must be at or above the 500-level.
- A maximum of one-fourth of the credit hours required for the degree may be transferred from another institution.
- Preparation of a written design project approved by the faculty advisor.
- Comprehensive final examination.
- Required Courses:
Soils-Structures Option CE 501 Mechanics of Materials II 3 CE 502 Structural Stability 3 ME 529 Advanced Finite Element Methods 3 CE 595 Design Project 6 Electives 15 Environmental Option CE 531 Environmental Engineering III 3 CE 532 Environmental Engineering IV 3 CE 533 Industrial Wastes 3 or CE 535 Hazardous Waste Management CE 595 Design Project 6 Electives 15 Water Resources Option CE 523 Applied Hydraulics 3 CE 524 Open Channel Hydraulics 3 CE 525 Surface Hydrology 3 or GEOE 417 Hydrogeology CE 595 Design Project 6 Electives 15 General Civil Engineering Option CE 501 Mechanics of Materials II 3 CE 523 Applied Hydraulics 3 CE 531 Environmental Engineering III 3 CE 595 Design Project 6 Electives 15