Learn to protect critical technological infrastructure.
Cyber-attacks have increased dramatically as usage of and reliance on computers expands. Therefore, there is a vital and growing need for all professionals to have a basic understanding of cyber security. The minor in cyber security is designed to help students from all backgrounds achieve this basic understanding.
- Program type:
- On Campus or Online
- Est. time to complete:
- 1-2 years
- Credit hours:
Why minor in cyber security?
Cybersecurity is an immense priority in today's technology-dependent world. Threats from home and abroad make it essential to have skilled individuals that can protect mission-critical infrastructure, defense technologies and other vital systems from attacks.
With this UND minor program, you'll benefit from a program that:
- Gives you the expertise to be a part of a highly educated technical workforce with cyber-physical security skills to address the complexity of critical infrastructure security concerns
- Offers you opportunities to participate in cybersecurity research
- Provides the knowledge and technical skills for working in the cybersecurity sector, along with a strong liberal arts foundation for a well-rounded education
Cyber Security Careers
UND graduates can expect a range of opportunities in careers with many kinds of institutions, and in many different industries. It is anticipated that students completing this program will be in demand by:
- Local, regional, national, and international cybersecurity-focused businesses
- Companies expanding into the Red River Valley, such as Northrup-Grumman and General Atomics
- Local start-up and emerging companies
- Government agencies
Cyber Security Minor Courses