Learn to solve problems and think analytically, and prepare for a career in a high-demand field.
Mathematics provides the foundation for every other scientific discipline — and it’s a fascinating field of study, too. A B.S. in Mathematics from UND immerses you in problem solving and logical thinking and opens the door to an unlimited array of rewarding careers.
- Program type:
- Est. time to complete:
- 4 years
- Credit hours:
- 120 (major), 20 (minor)
Why Study Mathematics at UND?
Studying mathematics helps you understand the building blocks of science and our everyday world. From computational mathematics to analytical thinking, a math degree builds the skills you need in any career.
As a Mathematics major at UND, you'll take a deep dive into subjects including:
- Applied Math
- Combinatorics and Cryptology
- Probability and Statistics
- Mathematical Analysis
- Number Theory and Abstract Algebra
As you progress through the curriculum, you'll become proficient at:
- Computational mathematics
- Logical and analytical thinking
- Formulating problems in mathematical language and solving them
- Working with mathematical structures
- Abstract thinking
You'll graduate as a skilled mathematician and problem solver.