Approved admission to the Master of Science degree program requires the following of all students:
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited nursing program
- An undergraduate or graduate statistics course
- A minimum GPA of at least 3.00 for the last two years of baccalaureate study
- (official transcripts must be submitted)
- Current U.S. unencumbered RN licensure (upload Nursys verification report in application)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of goals
- One year of experience as a registered nurse preferred – track specific experience desirable
- Satisfy the School of Graduate Studies' English Language Proficiency requirements as published in the graduate catalog.
- Interview may be required (via web, phone, or in person)
- Successful passage of criminal background check and drug screen will be required upon offer of admission
- Satisfaction of current health and immunization policy of the Department of Nursing will be required upon offer of admission
Students seeking the Master of Science degree with a major in Nursing at the University of North Dakota must satisfy all general requirements set forth by the School of Graduate Studies as well as particular requirements set forth by the College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines.
- A minimum of 30 semester credits in a major field.
- At least one-half of the credits must be at or above the 500-level.
- A maximum of one-fourth of the credit hours required for the degree may be transferred from another institution.
Family Nurse Practitioner
(mostly on-line courses)
|NURS 500||Theories/Concepts Nursing||3|
|NURS 502||Evidence for Practice||3|
|NURS 505||Advanced Pharmacology||3|
|NURS 522||Advanced Pathophysiology||3|
|NURS 523||Health Promotion||3|
|NURS 532||Family Centered Advanced Practice Nursing||3|
|NURS 534||Management of Health Conditions in Primary Care I||3|
|NURS 540||Management of Health Conditions in Primary Care II||3|
|NURS 544||Pharmacotherapeutics for Primary Care||2|
|NURS 553||Role Development of the NP||2|
|NURS 559||Maternal and Child Health in Primary Care||2|
|NURS 585||Advanced Health Assessment||3|
|NURS 597||Advanced Clinical Practicum (I)||4|
|NURS 597||Advanced Clinical Practicum (II)||4|
|NURS 597||Advanced Clinical Practicum (III)||4|
|NURS 605||Health Policy||2|
|NURS 997||Independent Study||2|