Why UND Online?
You can earn your geological engineering degree online from UND while you continue to live and work in your own community.
Campus Visit for Online Students
While the majority of coursework is online, you’ll get to come to campus for 1 - 2 weeks during the summer to meet your professors and complete the laboratory portions of the geological engineering program. Your time on the UND campus is designed to integrate, extend and apply the knowledge you’ve learned during your online courses. Your campus visit will include:
- Hands-on geological engineering labs or simulations
- Training and practice with technical communication
- Opportunities to interact with faculty and other students in geological engineering
Geological engineers are experts with earth materials, such as rocks, and soil; and mechanical and physical properties that dictate their usefulness and methods to utilizing them in the built environment. Much of the analyses, identification, and properties require direct interaction with the specimens in laboratory and in the field.
The hands on experience necessary can only be gained in field camp and on your campus visit, where you work over a short period of time with dedicated faculty and teaching assistants to build experience and master the job skills you need.
Leaders in Online Education
Reportedly high alumni salaries and job placement rates, coupled with affordable in-state online tuition rates makes UND a best value university for online education. UND's breadth of online programs rivals all other non-profit universities in the upper Midwest making UND the largest online university in the region.
No matter how you customize your online experience, you’ll get the same top-quality education as any other on-campus student.
- Same degree. Earn an online degree that’s fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Your transcript and diploma are exactly the same as our on-campus students.
- Same classes. You’ll take courses from UND professors, start and end the semesters at the same time and take the same classes as a student on campus.
- Real interaction. You can ask questions, get feedback and regularly connect with your professors, peers and professionals in the field.
- Your own academic advisor. As an invaluable go-to, they’re focused on you, your personal success and your future career.
- Free online tutoring. We're here to help at no cost. Plus, get access to a variety of other online study resources.
- Unlimited academic coaching. Need support to achieve your academic goals or feeling stumped by a tough course? We'll help with everything from stress and time management to improving your memory to achieve higher test scores.
- Full access to a whole lot more. Dig into virtual research from the Chester Fritz Library. Improve your writing skills with online help from the UND Writing Center. Get online access to career services, veteran and military services, financial services and more.