Health Administration (Certificate)
Heighten your managerial skills in the fast-growing and rapidly changing health care profession.
Nationally ranked #1 certificate program in healthcare management! UND's flexible program is designed for working professionals wanting to take courses either on campus or fully online. You'll expand your credentials while keeping your current job — allowing you to apply your new skills immediately.
- Program type:
- Certificate - Graduate
- On-campus or online
- Est. time to complete:
- 2 years
- Credit hours:
Why Earn a Health Administration Graduate Certificate at UND?
The Health Administration graduate certificate is designed for professionals with diverse backgrounds already in the health care industry or those ready to begin a health care career.
Through this program that can be taken on campus, online or in a hybrid format, you'll take on challenges including:
- The evolution of health systems and the organizational challenges of administration from human resources to management in times of scarce resources.
- Historic and contemporary trends in health care delivery in the United States, including cost-containment issues, access to health care and efforts to reform.
- Aspects of the law related to health care delivery such as compliance, liability and bioethics.
- The economy of health care as a driving force of health care policy in America.
Leaders in Action
Gain the research experience and comprehension to succeed and make an impact on others.
Designed for working professionals who need a flexible program to complete on their schedule. Take classes on campus, online or in a hybrid format.
Benefit from faculty who pride themselves on being a "teaching department," while they maintain active research interests.
Experience strong one-on-one interaction with instructors who are committed to online learning and are available to answer your questions by phone or email.
Apply your graduate certificate coursework to our on-campus or online Master of Public Administration.
The Health Administration graduate certificate is an ideal way to strengthen your skills, confidence and credentials. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, job opportunities are strong for applicants with work experience in the health care field and strong business management skills.
The majority of health care executives and administrators work in:
- Physicians offices
- Nursing /residential care facilities
Other health care administrators work in:
- Home health care services
- Federal government health care facilities
- Outpatient care centers
- Insurance carriers
- Community care facilities for the elderly