Higher Education (M.S.)
Prepare for a career in administration or student services at a college or university.
Colleges and universities face complex challenges as they serve increasingly diverse student bodies in a competitive environment. By earning a master’s degree in higher education from the University of North Dakota you’ll be prepared for a variety of entry level and mid-management positions at educational institutions, government agencies and nonprofit institutions.
- Program type:
- Master's Degree
- Est. time to complete:
- 2+ years
- Credit hours:
Why Study Higher Education at UND?
Our program develops students as scholar-practitioners. We challenge master's degree candidates to reflect critically about issues, problems and ethical concerns facing decision makers in higher education.
- Participate in a community of learners with students and faculty from diverse academic and professional backgrounds.
- Develop, deliver and assess educational programs and student support services through coursework grounded in research and best practices.
- Apply theory to practice to demonstrate how organizations, culture and environment influence and shape student behavior.
- Take active learning roles through experiential opportunities designed to prepare graduates for professional positions in higher education and student affairs.
- Complete a scholarly project based on your area of interest in higher education.