Higher Education (Ph.D.)
Bold thinking to lead colleges and universities in the 21st Century.
Colleges and universities require innovative leaders who can navigate the challenges of serving a diverse student body, recruit talented faculty and manage financial resources. By earning a doctoral degree in higher education from the University of North Dakota you will be prepared for mid and upper-level administrative roles or faculty positions . The Ph.D. program emphasizes research, theory and practice.
- Program type:
- Doctoral Degree
- On-campus or offcampus
- Est. time to complete:
- 4+ years
- Credit hours:
Why Study Higher Education at UND?
The doctoral program in higher education follows a scholar-practitioner model. It is designed for students preparing for positions that balance research, theory and practice.
- Develop courses, design academic and co-curricular programs.
- Apply theory to practice to show influences on student outcomes, higher education organization development and policy deliberations.
- Complete a publishable doctoral dissertation.
- Select an administrative or individualized emphasis.
- Experience diversity as a key component of the program design, curriculum and coursework .
- Take courses all year with support of library, technology and advising