Learning Analytics (Certificate)
Be in demand, develop skills to see patterns in educational data showing which educational practices work best and how to identify at-risk students needing assistance.
The use of big data and data analytics has emerged quickly in the past decade, and it’s become the new frontier for data-driven decisions in education. Learning analytics involve the collection, management, analysis and reporting of meaningful patterns in data about learners. Experts in the field aim to optimize learning and the environments in which it occurs.
- Program type:
- Certificate - Graduate
- Est. time to complete:
- 1 year
- Credit hours:
Why Study Learning Analytics at UND?
Learning Analytics are valuable tools for both educators and learners from pre-kindergarten to college. They offer insights that can be used to improve learning processes as well as teaching practices. You'll learn the latest in data analytic methodologies, techniques and the newest technology used today. Students in the program will gain knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Fundamental theories, concepts, questions and deliverables in learning analytics.
- Collecting, storing and managing educational data.
- Basic statistics for educational data analysis.
- Programming in prevalent analytics software.
- Data visualization principles and techniques.
- Producing actionable reports for educational stakeholders.