Online Master's Degree in Nutrition
Earn your master's degree in nutrition online at UND.
You can earn your nutrition master's degree from the University of North Dakota while you continue to live and work in your own community. Your transcript and diploma will look the same as for a student who graduated from UND by taking traditional on-campus courses.
“Live” Online Courses
This program is offered in real-time. You’ll take courses in a virtual classroom which allows you to ask, and instructors to answer questions instantly. Your instructor’s materials and class lectures are the same as if you were sitting in a classroom on campus.
If you’re the kind of learner that likes active discussion and immediate feedback through real-time interaction, you’ll enjoy this online course format.
One Week Campus Visit
You're required to visit the UND campus in Grand Forks for one week during the summer of your second year. This visit will prepare you for the required practicum experience for N&D 596: Nutrition Education and Counseling Practicum. Other benefits of the campus visit are:
- Interacting in-person with nutrition instructors and classmates.
- Intensive nutrition training and skill development opportunities.
- Learning how to use the latest technology to record your practicum experiences from a distance.
Local Clinical Practicum Experience
Successful completion of the online nutrition program requires you to complete 180 hours of field practicum experience under the guidance of professionals with expertise in nutrition education and counseling. Through this experience, you'll:
- Build interviewing, assessment and education skills.
- Bridge theory to practice.
- Develop advanced counseling skills working with a diverse population.