Online Master's Degree in Nutrition
Affordability and career outcomes make UND one of the best online masters in nutrition programs in the nation.
You can earn your nutrition master's degree from the University of North Dakota while you continue to live and work in your own community. Your transcript and diploma will look the same as for a student who graduated from UND by taking traditional on-campus courses.
“Live” Online Nutrition Courses
Some courses will be in a virtual classroom which allows you to ask, and instructors to answer questions instantly. Your instructor’s materials and class lectures are the same as if you were sitting in a classroom on campus.
If you’re the kind of learner that likes active discussion and immediate feedback through real-time interaction, you’ll enjoy this online course format.
Our courses are designed to be similar to on-campus classes with unique assignments, due dates and opportunities to virtually discuss content with your classmates.
One Week Nutrition Visit
Students completing Nutrition Education and Counseling will be required to visit the UND campus in Grand Forks for one week about half way through their program. This visit will prepare you for the required practicum experience for N&D 596: Nutrition Education and Counseling Practicum. Other benefits of the campus visit are:
- Interacting in-person with nutrition instructors and classmates.
- Intensive nutrition training and skill development opportunities.
- Engaging in additional writing, library and research-related activities.
Local Clinical Practicum Experience
Students in the Nutrition Education and Counseling specialization will be required to complete 90 hours field practicum experience under the guidance of professionals with expertise in nutrition education and counseling. Through this experience, you'll:
- Build interviewing, assessment and education skills.
- Bridge theory to practice.
- Develop advanced nutrition counseling and/or education skills working with underserved populations.
Affordable Online Colleges
UND is one of the most affordable online colleges in the region. For this program, we offer in-state tuition rates regardless of your legal residency. Compare and you’ll see UND is lower cost than similar four-year doctoral universities.
Leaders in Online Education
No matter how you customize your online experience, you’ll get the same top-quality education as any other on-campus student.
- Same degree. All online programs are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Your transcript and diploma are exactly the same as our on-campus students.
- Same classes. You’ll take courses from UND professors, start and end the semesters at the same time and take the same classes as a student on campus.
- Real interaction. You can ask questions, get feedback and regularly connect with your professors, peers and professionals in the field.
- Your own academic advisor. As an invaluable go-to, they’re focused on you, your personal success and your future career.
- Free online tutoring. We're here to help you one-on-one at no cost. Plus, get access to a variety of self-help online study resources.
- Unlimited academic coaching. Need support to achieve your academic goals or feeling stumped by a tough course? We'll help with everything from stress and time management to improving your memory to achieve higher test scores.
- Full online access. Dig into virtual research from the Chester Fritz Library. Improve your writing skills with online help from the UND Writing Center. Get online access to career services, veteran and military services, financial services and more.
Best Online Colleges
Reportedly high alumni salaries and job placement rates, coupled with affordable online tuition rates make UND a best-value university for online education. UND's breadth of online programs rivals all other non-profit universities in the upper Midwest making UND one of the best online schools in the region.
UND ranks among the best online colleges in the nation for:
- Student satisfaction (retention rate)
- Academic quality (4-year graduate rate)
- Student outcomes (20-year return on investment per Paysacle.com)