Online Master's Degree in Nutrition
Earn your master's degree in nutrition online at UND.
You can earn your nutrition master's degree from the University of North Dakota while you continue to live and work in your own community. Your transcript and diploma will look the same as for a student who graduated from UND by taking traditional on-campus courses.
“Live” Online Courses
Some courses will be in a virtual classroom which allows you to ask, and instructors to answer questions instantly. Your instructor’s materials and class lectures are the same as if you were sitting in a classroom on campus.
If you’re the kind of learner that likes active discussion and immediate feedback through real-time interaction, you’ll enjoy this online course format.
Our courses are designed to be similar to on-campus classes with unique assignments, due dates and opportunities to virtually discuss content with your classmates.
One Week Campus Visit
Students completing Nutrition Education and Counseling will be required to visit the UND campus in Grand Forks for one week about half way through their program. This visit will prepare you for the required practicum experience for N&D 596: Nutrition Education and Counseling Practicum. Other benefits of the campus visit are:
- Interacting in-person with nutrition instructors and classmates.
- Intensive nutrition training and skill development opportunities.
- Engaging in additional writing, library and research-related activities.
Local Clinical Practicum Experience
Students in the Nutrition Education and Counseling specialization will be required to complete 90 hours field practicum experience under the guidance of professionals with expertise in nutrition education and counseling. Through this experience, you'll:
- Build interviewing, assessment and education skills.
- Bridge theory to practice.
- Develop advanced nutrition counseling and/or education skills working with underserved populations.
Leaders in Online Education
UND began educating at a distance in 1911 with correspondence by mail courses. Today, we serve thousands of students across the globe and are recognized as a national leader in online education.
You’ll take courses from UND professors and earn a degree that’s fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Your transcript and diploma are exactly the same as our on-campus students.
At UND, online student support is all-encompassing. You’ll encounter:
- Tutors to help you get through tough classes.
- Advisors to ensure you are staying on track.
- Library services to help you find learning resources.
- Career service staff who can help you apply your skills and find a job.