Get advanced training in nutrition education, nutrition counseling and nutrition science.
UND's well-established and accredited graduate nutrition program will help you advance your career in nutrition. Nutritionists are in high demand to develop prevention and treatment solutions for a wide range of health conditions. No GRE required. Pay in-state tuition rates.
- Program type:
- Master's Degree
- Est. time to complete:
- 2+ years
- Credit hours:
- 30 (one campus visit may be required)
What You'll Learn in the Nutrition Graduate Program
The University of North Dakota's online master's degree in nutrition prepares you for leadership roles that address nutrition problems.
- Assess nutrition education needs of unique populations.
- Apply educational theory, research and experiential knowledge in nutrition education and counseling activities.
- Demonstrate advanced professional practice skills in nutrition education and counseling.
- Learn in-depth knowledge of the biochemical pathways of the major nutrients and their essential role in maintaining health.
- Utilize nutrition research to make informed recommendations.
UND offers three specialization options:
- Nutrition Education and Counseling (distance)
- Nutrition Science (distance)
- Dietetics (campus-based, ACEND accreditation) begins summer 2021
Affordable and Flexible Online M.S. in Nutrition
Earn your graduate degree in nutrition on your own time. UND's online nutrition program is designed for individuals with a bachelor's degree in nutrition or related field who prefer the flexibility of online classes. Admission to the M.S. in Nutrition does not require the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). You'll also receive in-state tuition regardless of your residency.
Top Online Nutrition Degree
Every nutrition program offers education, but not every program prepares students to make a real impact the way UND does. UND ranks among the best for educational quality, affordability and career outcomes.
Earn your degree online.
Get personal attention with small class sizes.
Accommodate your schedule with our part-time, semester-based program with live web classes.
Take advantage of in-state tuition, regardless of where you live.
Estimated job growth for nutritionists/dietitians through 2026*
Median annual income for nutritionists*
The U.S. News & World Report ranks nutritionists/dietitians as one of the 100 Best Jobs. A master's degree in nutrition opens the door to a number or job opportunities, including:
- Health consultant
- Nutrition educator
- Nutrition manager
- Research nutritionist
- Nutrition counselor
- Food regulation/policy maker
When You Major in Nutrition
An Nutrition degree gives you the strategic skills you need, including:
- Nutrition Education
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Nutrition Counseling
- Health Promotion
- Strategic Planning
UND Nutrition Major Alumni
Nutrition alumni have gone on to a variety of successful careers with:
- Altru Health System
- Grand Forks Public Schools
- UMN Extension
- University of Minnesota
- AT&T, Inc.