Why UND Online?
Earn your petroleum engineering degree online from UND while you continue to live and work in your own community.
Campus Visits for Online Students
While the majority of your petroleum engineering program is offered online, you’ll get to come to the UND campus in Grand Forks, ND to complete portions of the program. Your time on campus is designed to integrate, extend and apply the knowledge you’ve learned during your online courses. This time may include:
- Hands-on labs
- Opportunities to interact with faculty and other students
As a petroleum engineering student, your are required to attend two labs on-campus. Each lab is one week in length and you'll apply concepts that you've learned theoretically to enhance your understanding of the main concepts that will be reinforced throughout the program.
You also have the opportunity to use the two simulators and visit the North Dakota Geological Survey Wilson M. Laird Core and Sample Library.
The hands on experience necessary for petroleum engineering can only be gained on your campus visit, where you work over a short period of time with dedicated faculty and teaching assistants to build experience and master the job skills you need.
Leaders in Online Education
Reportedly high alumni salaries and job placement rates, coupled with affordable in-state online tuition rates makes UND a best value university for online education. UND's breadth of online programs rivals all other non-profit universities in the upper Midwest making UND the largest online university in the region.
No matter how you customize your online experience, you’ll get the same top-quality education as any other on-campus student.
- Same degree. Earn an online degree that’s fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Your transcript and diploma are exactly the same as our on-campus students.
- Same classes. You’ll take courses from UND professors, start and end the semesters at the same time and take the same classes as a student on campus.
- Real interaction. You can ask questions, get feedback and regularly connect with your professors, peers and professionals in the field.
- Your own academic advisor. As an invaluable go-to, they’re focused on you, your personal success and your future career.
- Free online tutoring. We're here to help at no cost. Plus, get access to a variety of other online study resources.
- Unlimited academic coaching. Need support to achieve your academic goals or feeling stumped by a tough course? We'll help with everything from stress and time management to improving your memory to achieve higher test scores.
- Full access to a whole lot more. Dig into virtual research from the Chester Fritz Library. Improve your writing skills with online help from the UND Writing Center. Get online access to career services, veteran and military services, financial services and more.