Policy Analysis (Certificate)
Enhance your analytical skills in political, non-profit and public policy.
The Policy Analysis graduate certificate provides the analytic skills needed to conduct or understand policy analysis and program planning. The certificate will prepare you to work in the public or not-for-profit sectors.
- Program type:
- Certificate - Graduate
- On-campus or online
- Est. time to complete:
- 2+ years
- Credit hours:
Why Earn a Policy Analysis Certificate at UND?
This program’s core courses provide a solid background in research methods, policy analysis and public policy. You’ll learn how to evaluate policies, conduct research and advocate for policy solutions. Customize your certificate in Policy Analysis by selecting from a broad range of electives.
UND’s Policy Analysis certificate provides formal recognition for policy studies. You'll understand specific topics related to policy, including:
- Various approaches to analyzing political phenomena.
- Techniques of empirical research including research design, measurement, data gathering and data analysis.
- Use of empirical theory and techniques to make policy choices.
- Initiation, formulation, adoption, implementation and evaluation of American public policy.
- Contemporary structural and policy problems of state and local governments.
- Structures, processes, procedures and positions of the legislative and executive offices in government.
Certificate in Policy Analysis to M.P.A.
Apply your certificate coursework toward a Master of Public Administration degree from UND. The degree is unusual among M.P.A. online programs in that it can be specialized in the field of health care with a health-administration track.
Watch UND in Action
Our students develop the abilities to take on challenges and lead in a rapidly changing world.