Policy Analysis (Certificate)
Enhance your analytical skills in political, non-profit and public policy.
The Policy Analysis Graduate Certificate provides the analytic skills needed by professionals from diverse backgrounds who are required to conduct or understand policy analysis and program planning in the public or not-for-profit sectors.
- Program type:
- Certificate - Graduate
- On-campus or online
- Est. time to complete:
- 2+ years
- Credit hours:
Why Study Policy Analysis at UND?
This graduate certificate seeks to provide the analytic skills needed by professionals from many academic backgrounds who are required to do or understand policy analysis and program planning in the public and not-for-profit sectors. Even managers who do not do research themselves must understand the work of others if they are to make informed decisions based on the information provided in research reports.
While studying at UND, understand specific topics related to policy, including:
- Various approaches to analyzing political phenomena
- Techniques of empirical research including research design, measurement, data gathering and data analysis
- Use of empirical theory and techniques to make policy choices
- Initiation, formulation, adoption, implementation and evaluation of American public policy
- Contemporary structural and policy problems of state and local governments
- Structures, processes, procedures and positions of the legislative and executive offices in government