Public Administration (Certificate)
Enhance your management skills and take your career to the next level.
Understand and act upon policy and management issues facing organizations in the public, nonprofit and private sectors. Build your credentials while keeping your current job in UND's fully online Public Administration graduate certificate program.
- Program type:
- Certificate - Graduate
- On-campus or online
- Est. time to complete:
- 2 years
- Credit hours:
Why Earn a Public Administration Certificate at UND?
The Public Administration graduate certificate provides the management core needed by professionals who have risen to positions of authority in the public and not-for-profit sector without benefit of formal management training. The certificate focuses on enhancing your management and administrative skills in human resources management, budgeting and financial administration, administration law, and ethics.
In this program, you'll also explore:
- Basic conceptions and trends in public administration.
- Professional ethics and personal standards of conduct.
- The fundamental nature of public personnel administration.
- Applying budget theories in the fiscal management of the public or non-profit sectors.
- The legal dimension of public administration, including rule-making and personnel law.
Provides formal management training for those in positions of authority in the public or non-profit fields.
Designed for working professionals who are unable to complete a full-time, on-campus program.
Available 100% online with "live" Web classes held in the evenings (typically one evening per week for three hours). You are not required to come to campus at any time.
With a Public Administration graduate certificate, you can develop advanced management skills that will benefit your career in public service, including the public and non-profit sectors. If you currently work in the field, the certificate is an ideal way for you to strengthen your skills, confidence and credentials.
The online or on-campus program provides you with the knowledge necessary to meet the challenges of today's administrative positions. UND's program will help you to:
- Understand the public policy-making process.
- Use critical thinking and analysis to aid in decision-making.
- Communicate at high levels in written and oral correspondence.
- Comprehend and adapt to changing political, economic and social environments.
- Recognize the importance of integrity and dedication in carrying out the public trust.
When You Major in Public Administration
A Public Administration degree gives you the strategic skills you need, including:
- Strategic Planning
- Event Planning
- Project Management
- Public Relations
UND Public Administration Alumni
Public Administration alumni have gone on to a variety of successful careers with:
- Grand Forks Police Department
- Sanford Health
- Aptargroup, Inc.
- Best Buy Co., Inc.
- City of Hillsboro