MPA Degree Requirements
Complete these requirements for a master's degree in Public Administration online or on campus.
GRE General or GMAT Waiver
- Applicants to the UND Master of Public Administration MPA program may be granted a waiver from the GRE requirement, under one or more of the following circumstances.
- The applicant has previously received a germane graduate or terminal degree from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution of higher education.
- The applicant has GMAT or LSAT scores fewer than five years old.
- The applicant has demonstrated a record of success in one of the four certificate programs offered by the MPA program (Public Administration, Policy Analysis, Health Administration, or Social Entrepreneurship). A record of success is defined as having completed at least two courses in the certificate program with a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.25 and no less than a B in any course.
- The applicant is enrolled in the UND Law School or graduate programs in the UND School of Graduate Studies or the School of Medicine and Health Sciences and has completed at least three courses with a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.25 and no less than a B in any course.
- The applicant has at least three years of substantial supervisory, managerial or professional level experience in a local, regional, state, federal, military or nonprofit agency or health organization. Typically, internship experience is not counted towards the requisite three years of work experience.
A waiver request will not be granted automatically, and an approved waiver does not guarantee acceptance into the program. If a waiver request is denied, applicants must complete the requirement for the GRE. Denial of a waiver request is not denial of admission to the MPA, and applicants who are denied waivers are encouraged to complete their application requirements.
An individual requesting a GRE waiver should email kate.oachs@UND.edu and include a copy of a current resume and unofficial transcripts.
MPA Degree Requirements Disclaimer
The requirements on this page are pulled from UND’s academic catalog and may not reflect future terms. Updates are published annually in April.
Graduate Admissions Requirements
In addition to meeting these program requirements, you must also meet the UND School of Graduate Studies admissions requirements to apply for this program.