Public Health (Accelerated B.S./M.P.H.)
Earn your bachelor's and master's degrees 100% online at UND's top rated Public Health program.
Fast track your education with an accelerated degree in Public Health. Complete both a bachelor's and master's in Public Health from anywhere in the world all online. Graduates from UND's M.P.H. program have a 100% employment rate in health-related careers.
- Program type:
- Combined (Major and Master's)
- Est. time to complete:
- 5 years
- Credit hours:
Accelerated Online Public Health Degree
UND's accelerated public health program allows you to pursue a bachelor’s degree (B.S.) and master’s degree (M.P.H.), shortening the time required to earn a master’s degree.
Online Bachelor's in Public Health
The Public Health Education bachelor's program is based on a strong foundation in the health sciences, social sciences and psychology. It prepares you to think critically and scientifically, while enhancing communication skills and leadership experiences with a focus on social justice. You will be exposed to the ethical principles of public health practice in your work with diverse populations.
In the bachelor's program, you will have:
- Applied learning experiences. All students complete a 12-credit internship, engage in service-learning projects, and are encouraged to participate in public health study abroad opportunities.
- Flexibility and convenience. UND offers the degree online and prepares students to take the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam.
- Comprehensive curriculum. You are exposed to five core areas of public health: epidemiology, biostatistics, social and behavioral sciences, health policy and management, and environmental health.
Online Master's in Public Health
The Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) program covers all required areas for accredited public health programs, including biostatistics, epidemiology, social and behavioral sciences, and health management and policy.
Three specializations help you develop necessary skills:
- Indigenous Health provides you with a critical understanding of determinants and solutions to health disparities. UND's specialization is the only 100% online Indigenous Health program in the world.
- Population Health Analytics prepares you to produce convincing and scientifically sound information about population health, evaluate the effectiveness of interventions, and provide the basis for improving health policies and programs.
- Health Management & Policy gives you the skills needed to manage health delivery systems effectively and efficiently, analyze health policies, and communicate to affect change in health policy and management.
Top Accredited Online Master's in Public Health
UND is regarded as one of the top academic and research institutions in the nation for public health. We consistently rank among the best for educational quality, affordability and career outcomes.
Lead Your Way
Alison Traynor received her online master’s degree in public health and is currently the North Dakota Suicide Prevention Director.
Learn the principles of evidence-based public health and key elements such as health communications, health policy, law and ethics.
Join the Public Health Association (PHA), a resource for students and community members interested in aspects of community and public health.
Become eligible to sit for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) Exam after completing the B.S. portion of the program.
Become eligible to sit for the Certified in Public Health (CPH) Exam after completing the M.P.H. portion of the program.
Graduate employment rate in health-related careers
What can you do with a master's in public health?
A master's degree in public health opens the door for a variety of different jobs. Popular employment areas in public health include:
- Health policy analysis
- Medical science
- Public health administration
- Public health education
- Public health statistics
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics revealed that public health employment is rising faster than the national average and by the year 2020, the United States is expected to have over 250,000 new job openings in the field of public health.
When You Earn a degree in Public Health
A Public Health degree gives you the strategic skills you need, including:
- Grant Writing
- Statistical Softwares
- Strategic Planning
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Literature Reviews
- Microsoft Access
UND Public Health Alumni
Public Health alumni have gone on to a variety of successful careers with:
- Altru Health System
- 2u, Inc.
- Centura Health Corporation
- District Health Department 10
- Essentia Health