Reading Education (M.S. or M.Ed.)
Develop effective practices for teaching the reading and writing skills young people need to succeed.
Today's learners face challenges that stand in their way of successful reading and writing. With a master's degree in reading education from the University of North Dakota, you'll gain expertise in literacy education and be prepared to implement instructional practice and assessment, meet the needs of diverse student groups, and advocate for effective literacy practices in schools.
- Program type:
- Master's Degree
- Est. time to complete:
- 2+ years
- Credit hours:
Why Study Reading Education at UND?
- The Reading Education program prepares students to teach reading and writing and develop curriculum in literacy education.
- The M.S has two research courses that target topics of study in literacy.
- The M.Ed. is appropriate for K-12 certified teachers who aim to gain deeper knowledge of literacy teaching and learning.
- Students become engaged in literacy education in a supervised practicum experience. Licensed teachers take coursework that meets the requirements for obtaining the North Dakota Reading Credential.
- The program culminates in a scholarly project or independent study.
- Our online program is designed for working educators and offers a flexible, convenient option to earn your master's degree and reading credential while balancing professional and personal responsibilities. Class sizes are small.
- You'll pay in-state tuition regardless of where you live.