Online Bachelor's Degree in Social Work
Earn your BSSW online at UND.
Our online bachelor's degree in Social Work ranks the top in North Dakota, Minnesota and Montana for the most graduates.
Accredited Online Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work
UND’s online bachelor’s degree in Social Work is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Graduate eligible to take the social work licensing exam in any state that licenses at the BSSW level.
Compare the cost of UND’s online Social Work degree. You’ll find it’s one of the most affordable programs in the nation. All online students pay the same affordable tuition rate regardless of their residency.
Synchronous classes are held in real-time. If you’re the kind of learner who likes active discussion and immediate feedback through live interaction, you’ll enjoy this online course format.
Every class is different, but generally, you’ll log into a virtual classroom at scheduled times to:
- Listen to a lecture
- Ask questions
- Participate in class discussions
- Conduct group activities
- Participate in video sharing
- Have chat conversations
- Use interactive whiteboards
- Take live polls
You should prepare for your classes by finishing any assigned readings, compiling questions for your instructor, and thinking about how to contribute to the next live class.
While the majority of your courses are offered online, you’ll come to campus to complete portions of the program. Here, you’ll extend and apply the knowledge you’ve learned online through hands-on activities. Our students find tremendous value in having the opportunity to personally interact with their instructors and fellow students.
Local Social Work Field Placement
You'll participate in a 450-hour field placement to better serve your own community. The field placement can be taken part-time over two semesters.
Background checks are required prior to entry into field placements.
Leaders in Online Education
No matter how you customize your online experience, you’ll get the same top-quality education as any other on-campus student.
- Same degree. All online programs are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Your transcript and diploma are exactly the same as our on-campus students.
- Same classes. You’ll take courses from UND professors, start and end the semesters at the same time and take the same classes as a student on campus.
- Real interaction. You can ask questions, get feedback and regularly connect with your professors, peers and professionals in the field.
- Your own academic advisor. As an invaluable go-to, they’re focused on you, your personal success and your future career.
- Free online tutoring. We're here to help you one-on-one at no cost. Plus, get access to a variety of self-help online study resources.
- Unlimited academic coaching. Need support to achieve your academic goals or feeling stumped by a tough course? We'll help with everything from stress and time management to improving your memory to achieve higher test scores.
- Full online access. Dig into virtual research from the Chester Fritz Library. Improve your writing skills with online help from the UND Writing Center. Get online access to career services, veteran and military services, financial services and more.
- 24/7 technical support. UND provides free computer, email and other technical support for all online students.
Best Online Colleges
Reportedly high alumni salaries and job placement rates, coupled with affordable online tuition rates make UND a best-value university for online education. UND's breadth of online programs rivals all other non-profit universities in the upper Midwest making UND one of the best online schools in the region.
UND ranks among the best online colleges in the nation for:
- Student satisfaction (retention rate)
- Academic quality (4-year graduate rate)
- Student outcomes (20-year return on investment per Paysacle.com)