Women and Gender Studies (B.G.S.)
Examine issues of sex, gender, social inequality and power dynamics and prepare to launch a fulfilling career in any profession.
In a changing world, an understanding of the complex issues around gender and power is more relevant than ever. A degree in Women and Gender Studies from UND empowers you to reach your goals and make a difference.
- Program type:
- Est. time to complete:
- 4 years
- Credit hours:
- 120 (major), 20 (minor)
Why Study Women and Gender Studies at UND?
Women and Gender Studies at the University of North Dakota is an interdisciplinary program within the General Studies program that combines coursework from the traditional disciplines with in-depth exploration of gender and women's studies.
Our classes examine the complex interaction of gender with other elements of human difference, including race, class, religion, ethnicity, age, ability and nationality. Topics of study include:
- The politics of sexuality
- Gender and pop culture
- Women's achievements and their contributions to history and the contemporary world
- The performance of femininity and masculinity
- Power dynamics and the effects on the body
- Sexual minorities and LGBTQ+ identity and experience
- The influence of gender in the shaping of personal identity, the family and public institutions
Drawing from a broad range of allied disciplines, you'll customize your studies to meet your academic goals.