When to Contact
When to Contact Export Control Officer?
Contact the Export Control Officer when:
- Any individual suspects a violation of export control laws and regulations has occurred.
- Traveling outside of the United States.
- Shipping items internationally.
- A Foreign national/foreign person participates in research that does not qualify for the fundamental research or other exclusions to export control regulations.
- The project/research is related to nuclear, chemical, and/or biological weaponry, missiles, unmanned vehicles, encryption technologies or other items listed on the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) U.S. Munitions List (USML).
- The project/research has restrictions on publication, proprietary information, or foreign national/foreign person participation.
- The RFP/Agreement/Contract is marked "Export Controlled" or includes export control provisions.
- Collaborating with a researcher or institution from outside the United States.
- Hosting foreign persons/nationals from sanctioned or embargoed countries.
- Providing tours and visits of UND facilities to foreign persons/foreign nationals.
- Receiving nuclear, military or space related information, technical data, equipment, or software.
If any of the above applies, the University of North Dakota needs to evaluate the export control concerns and any license or other government authorization requirements.
UND Export Control Officer
Director, Research & Sponsored Program Development
Tech Accelerator Room 2050
Grand Forks ND 58202-8367