Angel Fund Request for Support
The Angel Fund exists to assist UND students in resolving barriers to their success that result from unexpected hardships and crises for which financial support is needed.
Limited financial support from the Angel Fund is available to students enrolled in the current semester at UND in undergraduate, graduate and professional programs who are making satisfactory progress in their respective academic programs.
In order to be eligible to receive support from the Angel Fund, students must be in Academic Good Standing, as defined by the UND Academic Catalog, and not on Conduct Probation, as defined by the UND Code of Student Life. Students must have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the current academic year.
In considering students’ requests for support from the Angel Fund, the following will be taken into consideration:
- The Angel Fund is intended to support unexpected financial hardships and crises beyond the normal cost of attendance. The Angel Fund does not provide funding support for tuition, student fees, flight costs, etc.
- Given the limited financial resources and a commitment to helping as many students as possible, in most cases, allocations from the Angel Fund will not exceed $750.
- Requests for support will be discussed with Student Finance to determine individual student eligibility related to financial aid circumstances.
- Students are eligible to receive funding from the Angel Fund one time during a 12 month time frame.
- To be eligible to receive funding from the Angel Fund, students cannot have an outstanding or past due balance on their Campus Connection account.
If approved for funding from the Angel Fund, the financial resources will be provided to the student through the student’s regular refund preference with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. Additional details on how to setup a refund preference is available on the One Stop Student Services website.
The Vice President for Student Affairs & Diversity makes the final decision regarding students’ requests for support from the Angel Fund. There is not an appeal process.