Grants and Fellowships
Small Travel Grants
Small travel grants are funded by the Doctoral Incentive Program Fund through the School of Graduate Studies.
Doctoral students may apply for travel grants up to $500. The grants are intended to support travel for students who are presenting at their work at national conferences. To be eligible for the travel grant, the student must be the presenting author.
Notification to the student from the Conference Committee that the paper has been accepted for presentation must be included with the application.
- Applicants must be in a Ph.D. program at UND
- Students enrolled in master’s, non-Ph.D. doctoral programs (e.g., D.A., Ed.D., and D.P.T.) or certificate programs are not eligible. Non-degree students are not eligible.
- Applicants must be enrolled at the time that the paper is presented.
- Students who have graduated or who are on leave of absence at the time of the conference presentation are not eligible. • Applicants must be in good academic standing
- Applicants must be the presenting author of the work
- Applicants must provide notification, to the student from the Conference Committee, that the paper has been accepted for presentation, with the application.
- The amount of support is limited to $500
- Travel cost will be reimbursed upon return according to standard UND procedures. Only travel costs deemed as allowable by UND will be reimbursed.
- Only one request per student will be considered each academic year.
- Recipients of funds are expected to submit an abstract to the Graduate School Scholarly Forum
- Requests will only be considered in advance of a conference.
- Deadlines (Funding Requests will only be considered at these times):
- Fall Semester Deadline – September 1
- Spring Semester Deadline – February 1
- Summer Session Deadline – May 15
- Notification of funding will be made within two weeks of deadlines.
- Travel funds are made available through the State-funded Doctoral Incentive Program to support Ph.D. research.